Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just curious as to who has used these products and what your experiences have been.

I use both shampoo along with spray on my young dog who suffers from seasonal allergies and can't say enough good things about them for managing the itching and skin irritations that go along with allergies. Great stuff the best I've ever used.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Love these products. I use them for my horses. I've never used them for my dogs but, if I ever had a skin problem with any of my dogs I would probably try them.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't been able to find it locally but haven't tried that hard. I have been purchasing online at this place which seems to have the best prices that I can find.

http://www.arcatapet.com/eqyss.cfm

I'll have to say that the microtek shampoo worked as well if not better than the shampoo recommended by a veterinary dermatologists.

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
I love the Micro-Tek Shampoo and Spray, even for myself! Really - works great on razor burn, insect bites, and many use it to clean dogs' infected ears (yeast and/or bacterial infections).

I buy my EQyss grooming supplies from KvVet Supply - cheaper than from the EQyss website.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I love the Micro-Tek Shampoo and Spray, even for myself! Really - works great on razor burn, insect bites, and many use it to clean dogs' infected ears (yeast and/or bacterial infections).

I buy my EQyss grooming supplies from KvVet Supply - cheaper than from the EQyss website.
I buy mine at KV vet supply too. I have eczema on my hands and these products never burn or sting. (That's how I know if it hurts my pets if it passes "the hand test." lol). (Nolvasan scrub it excellent for cleaning cuts or wounds. It doesn't hurt like betadine does.)

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
I use it for everything around here too.. Once in desperation..I used it as a body wash..I was ate up with poison Sumac.. and By the next morning it was drying up..itching had stopped and I fell in love with the product.

Iris had a hotspot last summer and it was better and hair growing back within a week.

Great stuff I must say.

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Had to bring this thread up

Today I got steam burns on my hands.. I think steam burns hurt like a ****ens..

I got home and thought about the equess spray.. I thought "why not" as I began to wish my hands would fall off....

Instant relief. as soon as it touched the skin.

This stuff is awesome. I think i lurve it alot:eek:

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
We just got a "starter kit" type of package in our grooming salon, which includes 5 or 6 different types of eqyss products, including the Microtek shampoo & spray. The groomer hasn't used any of it yet that I know of, but I'm anxious too see how it works.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
For general grooming the Premier shampoo by Eqyss is probably the more logical choice. No harm in using the Microtek products either just that they were designed specifically for a purpose. They help stop itching caused by hot spots, allergies etc... It's basically an antibacterial, antimicrobial shampoo. But I will say it works as advertised and leaves the coat very soft and smelling very nice.

If you have an itchy dog the spray used in combination just strengthens the whole process.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Ok guys, I gotta try this product. Many dogs in FL suffer from seasonal allergies and bite up their paws.

DJ - was this sample pack free?
I've used these Microtek products for some time now and I have found the best protocol for helping with itching due to allergies is to bathe every 5 days and use the leave-on spray in between once a day. This should greatly help reduce the itching. You can also try using an antihistamine such as Benadryl in conjunction for severe cases.

This shampoo will not dry the coat out for anyone wondering if bathing that often will dry out the skin. good luck.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
After reading this thread, I bought some of this shampoo for Zoey, because she has been itchy aaaallll winter long. I've used it 3 times now, once a week, and her itchies have all but disappeared! VERY good shampoo!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Our dog rolled in something late last summer, and he just about scratched himself to death. We took him to the vet for an antihistamine shot, but he was still scratching at it a couple of days later. We gave him a bath with the medicated shampoo and then started using the spray, and that seemed to finaly kick it. We buy ours at valley vet supply. Here is the shampoo:

http://www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail.html?pgguid=2e87c243-7b6a-11d5-a192-00b0d0204ae5

1 - 20 of 25 Posts