Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals! My name is Katie and I'm the proud owner of a guinea pig named Edmund, a hamster (actually he's my brother's but I ended up taking care of him) named Prince Yuki Sohma, a rat named Lulu, and our newest addition Kodiak 'Kodi', a one year old pomchi with some terrier in him that we found wandering the streets. Kodi had a collar but no liscence so we took him to the SPCA to see if he was microchipped which he was not and filed a lost report. I didn't feel comfortable leaving him there in case his owners never claimed him because I did not want such a sweet dog to be put to sleep which is what usually happens to most of the strays people bring in. So, my mom and I took him home with us after a shopping spree at Dollar Tree for some basic doggy things (food, bowls, leash, etc...) and put him in the enclosed porch after making him a bed out of a clothes basket and some of my old baby blankets. The people at the SPCA said that if the owners didn't contact us in 10 days, Kodi was ours. 10 days later and not so much as a phone call or an e-mail, the SPCA called us and told us that Kodi was ours if we still wanted him. I was ecstatic. We had planned on adopting a puppy in April but I guess God decided that Kodi needed us alot more. A week later, we discovered that Kodi had fleas and a tapeworm. He is currently on medication for both and are taking him to the vet next week. We are not sure whether or not his previous owners had him vaccinated so we are assuming that they did not and are going to have him vaccinated and neutered. He is currently sleeping in our enclosed porch until he is completely de-wormed. We call him Hurricane Kodi because he likes to run in circles. XD

1 - 1 of 1 Posts