Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I'd just start a thread for us EM owners to show the body shots of our dogs that were requested. I believe the idea was to compare these dogs and this seems like the easiest way to do it...all in one thread.

Sugar and Diesel...I just went ahead and put Otis and Mo in with this...I hope you don't mind.

Starting from oldest to youngest...(I guess...)

Dieselsmama's MoJo....(4 years, I believe...)

My Uallis, 2 years old...

Sugar's Otis...almost 2, right?

All we need is Payton...;)

Also, I'd like to get Tank in here as well...he is owned by new member JeepGirl! (I don't know his age...)

I can't help but see a commonality between these dogs...besides the obvious...lol...notice that they kind of stand the same way...? With the same sort of stance...? lol I also noticed that Mo is RIPPED in his back legs...I think he has bigger muscles that Uallis...It really is interesting to see them side by side so to speak!

So where are you Volley and JeepGirl!?! We need Payton and Tank! lol Mr. P's Aslan would be a great addition as well...because well...Aslan is just...impressive looking. Much more intimidating than Uallis that's for sure...
Also, I want to add that since I found out that Uallis isn't the oldest Mastiff on the forum, I don't think that he can be rightly called the "King" anymore...I think that title really belongs to Mo...he is the true King of Dog Forums and rightly so! LOL!!

·
Registered
487 Posts
These are such beautiful, impressive, and imposing dogs. I bet they'd really make a burglar think twice!

You can get a better picture of Ualis though! I can barely see his wrinkly face in that one.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
I also noticed that Mo is RIPPED in his back legs...I think he has bigger muscles that Uallis...It really is interesting to see them side by side so to speak!

Also, I want to add that since I found out that Uallis isn't the oldest Mastiff on the forum, I don't think that he can be rightly called the "King" anymore...I think that title really belongs to Mo...he is the true King of Dog Forums and rightly so! LOL!!
Mo is very honored to be thought of as the King, he'd have been happy with just a daddy Mo LOL.
He's been gaining a lot of muscle the last month or two i'll be looking forward to seeing how much he gains altogether when he's all done :eek: It's really taken until now for all his other systems and organs to repair themselves, his skin is almost done, the vet said that was the last thing the body would work on. So bring on the muskles lol.

These are such beautiful, impressive, and imposing dogs. I bet they'd really make a burglar think twice!

hahahahahahahahahha, sorry but thinking of Mo caring in the least who came in the house cracks me up! It is a good thing he looks intimidating cause he'd be the one sleeping thru our house being emptied ;)

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Now THIS is what I'm talkin about. Yep, we need Payton, Tank and Aslan, and any other EM's on here.

They are all magnificent in their own right. And while I know most of them are big smooshy snuggle bunnies, just their size should be enough to make anyone think twice, even a stupid criminal!

And one more thing, what is the difference in size/weight of the EM and the BM? I could go on line, but I figure it's "more better" to get it from those of you who own one or the other.

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can get a better picture of Ualis though! I can barely see his wrinkly face in that one.
lol...I'll try. It's not exactly easy to get a good body shot that shows his face well...not that he has a lot of face wrinkles to begin with. Otis is the wrinkly Mastiff around here...

Mo is very honored to be thought of as the King, he'd have been happy with just a daddy Mo LOL.
He's been gaining a lot of muscle the last month or two i'll be looking forward to seeing how much he gains altogether when he's all done. It's really taken until now for all his other systems and organs to repair themselves, his skin is almost done, the vet said that was the last thing the body would work on. So bring on the muskles lol.
Well, I, for one, think Mo should be the King because not only his age, which is still young, but also because of what he has gone through...Not many dogs would have been able to go through what he did and keep their temperament intact. He has every reason to hate and fear people but instead he loves them. He's very special boy. :)

And one more thing, what is the difference in size/weight of the EM and the BM? I could go on line, but I figure it's "more better" to get it from those of you who own one or the other.
BM are just smaller than EM's. They aren't as tall or as heavy. The minimum height for an EM is 30 inches tall for a male, whereas the height range for a BM, according to AKC standard is 25-27 inches.

Here are links for their respective standards:
http://www.akc.org/breeds/bullmastiff/index.cfm##
http://www.akc.org/breeds/mastiff/

:)

I love this thread...wonder why.....:D

I think we need to just keep adding our boys pics to this...The EM thread that never ends...whadda ya think??? :D
I think we should too...I love looking at our boys all together like this. I'll be sure to add any "good" shots I get of Uallis to this thread.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Hi Guys! Sorry to come to this thread late. I was gone this weekend. I'll try to get some body shots of Payton today at lunch and post them. I think this will be the coolest thread ever! :D

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Thanks for the info MD. At first glance there doesn't seem to be much difference but once I looked more carefully, the EM is just BIGGER all around: chest, withers, head. You wouldn't think that 3" would make that much difference but boy howdy, it sure does! :eek: I just can't imagine having a dog that big...loveable or not. ;)

And yeh, you better get some pics of Payton up here VB. Wondered where you were hiding.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Sorry guys, never made it home for lunch. Had to go to a meeting. I'll try to get some up tonight but I have class till 9. yuck! :(

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry guys, never made it home for lunch. Had to go to a meeting. I'll try to get some up tonight but I have class till 9. yuck! :(
I'm anxiously waiting...;) I can't wait to see them. Whenever you can get a chance to is fine. :D

·
Registered
291 Posts
:)...

i can't imagine what it costs to feed one of them tho! lol.. They are absolutely gorgeous dogs. Are they really the couch potatoes i'v heard them described as?

keep all the pics comeing :)

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:)...

i can't imagine what it costs to feed one of them tho! lol.. They are absolutely gorgeous dogs. Are they really the couch potatoes i'v heard them described as?

keep all the pics comeing :)
Speaking for Uallis, he can be pretty lazy most of the time. Although, he does have periods where he's active too...it just comes in short spurts. lol He LOVES his "Grandma" and gets really hyper when he's around her and he turns into a big goofball...its cute because she is really the only one he acts that way with...lol :rolleyes:

·
Registered
945 Posts
Taps foot impatiently waiting for Payton and Aslan's pics to be up here
Okay okay sorry! :D Here we are. It took me a while to get some good pic's of Payton as he is usually leaning against me instead of posing all handsome like. So here's Payton's body shot. He is the youngest of the mastiff's (I think) at only a year and a half old so he still needs to put on some poundage.

Side Shot

Front Shot- I think his coloring is really close to Mojo's :)

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
WOW...Payton is soooo handsome and lean. How much does he weigh now? He looks great. I guess he's the Prince in Training! :D That is since Mojo is the oldest (and the King), which would make Otis and Uallis Princes (at age 2).

Now we just need Aslan and Tank...hint hint hint...to make the thread complete.

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
Wow, he really does look just like a younger leaner Mo He's so handsome
He really does!!!

Right Aslan is very happy to be alllowed into the EM thread....K,u know how much i hate this emoticon but..........:p

Here is side shot from today(crap quality,camera phone)..........

Frontal shot....

When the collar pops he does have wrinkles too...

I really like this thread and as Chrissy said we should continue to update our mastiff buddys on here (great idea Mdawn).....everyones dogs look awesome but im most shocked at how Otis bulked up!!!....Mojo is now the official godfather being the oldest of the mastiff crew.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Aw, Mr P, this thread would NOT be complete w/o Aslan. He is such a handsome fella and I still think he looks the most intimidating...must the mix he has. His pics are great and I am thrilled to have this thread go on and on. :D btw...how are Blake and Bless doing these days?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts