Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
someone please help he. My dad has my bulldog on a new diet with pedigree. He hasn’t had any reactions but I’m convinced it won’t be good for him in the long run. Does anyone else have their bulldog on a pedigree diet? And how it is working for you?

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Not a food I would personally feed any more, but lots of dogs do fine on it.

·
Registered
508 Posts
My dog is on pedigree (I dont buy the dog food, my parents do). He has healthy skin and coat, and doesn't have a hard time gaining or loosing on it,

I wouldn't feed it if I could choose not to, but its not going to hurt your dog.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It seems to me that such diets are complete nonsense. I have never tried to use them, as I am afraid for the health of my beloved pet. If you are interested in learning more about how best to feed your dog, then I advise you to visit BullDogPapa.com - All about bulldogs!. It was on this site that I learned a huge amount of useful information that helped me both in the care and training of my dog. I am sure that if you search, there you can find a post about such diets. There is someone who has tried to use such diets? What are your results? Is this really such a useful thing as described in some articles on the Internet? I don't believe it for some reason.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
It seems to me that such diets are complete nonsense. I have never tried to use them, as I am afraid for the health of my beloved pet.
I'd venture to say that 99.9% of dogs in the US are fed a commercially made food, usually kibble. Feeding a raw and/or home cooked diet can be costly and time consuming, and not something to undertake without guidance.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I am an advocate for feeding what fits your budget, and what your dog does good on. If you can afford a more high quality diet, go for it. But there is no shame in feeding a food like pedigree. I said it before, My dog is doing great on pedigree.

As you can see, his weight is good, his coat looks good, and he likes the food.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts