Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Get out and about with your dog. Meet all kinds of people. Fat people. Skinny people. Tall people. Short people. You catch my drift. Bring a bunch of treats and let people interact with him. People love silly pet tricks. Have these strangers give him a treat and pet him when he exhibits the desired behavior. The key is a lot of positive experience with people. The more, the better.

Kaki and I stay in front of the supermarket doors(out of the way) so that people who show interest may come meet and greet. Petco and Petsmart are also great places. There is a list floating around somewhere of dog friendly stores.

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think you can be too training intensive with a GSD unless you're on crack. Have you considered enrolling in a formal obedience class, flyball, etc? Do not alpha roll your dog. It's detrimental to your bond. If anything, more training is the best answer. I'm taking Kaki to agility classes to work on her confidence.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.