Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,211 Posts
I'm also married, and my wife's family is both dog-savvy and nearby, which gives me a decent safety net. Were I on my own for an extended period, I'd probably look up what the local policy is in these situations, perhaps even phoning animal control or the equivalent to see what the procedure typically is. I'm sure most places have something in place - I'm sure people get injured, ill, etc. and cannot care for their pets all the time (unfortunately). Maybe also carrying something like a card saying you have X# of animals at home and are their sole caretaker, including species/breed/special needs in your wallet would be more likely to be found than something in your car/truck?

If we were to separate or divorce, god forbid, we've already decided Sam's staying in Norway. Which sucks and would break my heart, but I currently can't legally stay in the country without my marriage visa, I'd hate to put him through another international move, and (for the time being) I'm nowhere near as employable as my wife and can't guarantee I could afford to keep him. All that might change in a few years, once I've finished my second bachelors and have my permanent residency, but for the time being that's what would be best for him. Not that we plan to ever break up, but. It's life. Things happen.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts