Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thank you very much! I've never won anything before...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I peeked out the back door to check on my dog Lola, but I couldn't see her. As I was putting on my shoes to go outside, I heard her bark. Just as I step out, I heard her bark again, but from the front of the house. I'm thinking at least she's in the yard! when I hear the neighbor's voice. He was really nice about it, saying she had been sitting in front of his garage like she was lost. Lola's not good with strangers and was making it well known it was her yard, so I put a restraining hand on her. She was all wet, and I thought she must have been swimming in the swamp next door, when I got a whiff of her. She smelled like a port-o-potty. She reeked, I reeked, the whole entire house reeked when I made my husband pick her up and take her straight to the bathroom after I had hosed her off. From my holding her in the bathtub and her shaking, myself and the entire bathroom was spattered with dark water droplets. I washed her several times with shampoo and after she dried used dry brush-out shampoo, and several hours later, my husband even Fabreezed her (yes, I yelled at him) then more brush-out shampoo. She smelled for days. We eventually found out it was septic seepage from the abandoned trailer next door.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Oh my goodness, I haven't had any really embarrassing dog poo incidences. The worst that I've had to deal with was wrapping a plastic bag around my hand and actually pulling the poo from my dog's butt because she's eaten grass, and the grass has joined the two pieces together, but one has stayed in her butt, and the other is outside of her butt (I can't believe I'm typing all this in neon detail!) I am totally grossed out at what I'm reading, though; it's just not normal!....lol.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Okay, so this wasn’t so much embarrassing as it was a bit of a slap in the face. Picture how proud I was that my dog Romeo, when he was but a wee 5 months, had never (well nearly never) relieved himself indoors. I brought home a new mattress and had flopped it down on the bedroom floor, Romeo jumps up on it and before I can even decide if he is allowed on it, he immediately starts to pee!
-I kind of assumed that he was stimulated by the unfamiliar scent, a bit like a jumbo puppy pee pad…

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
OK, I've been errr .. "holding back" this story for a while, but now that the contest is over, I have no fear of actually winning "the prize" for ... well, you know.

Years back at a correction match, I was running one of my dogs in Open.

Heeling -- excellent. Drop on Recall --perfect. Retrieve on Flat --nice. We were doing very well, until ... the Retrieve over High.

Threw the dumbbell.

Gave the cue, emphatically as usual .. "TAKE IT !"

Dog goes over the jump, and before picking up the db, he proceeds to umm, unload.

:doh:

Between the giggles from the judge, she jokingly says to me .. "Geez. When you tell your dog to take it, he really TAKES it ! .. A DUMP, that is !"

The dog WAS feeling rather 'inspired' for the Broad Jump, though. >>> zooOOOOM ! :rockon:

·
Registered
32 Posts
At least you had a good, down-to-earth judge!...lol.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I took my bully into the vet for his puppy shots, he went to the potty before we went in. Of course she checks him out gives him his shots temp all the above.

We are talking for a bit and she asked how his potty training was going, and it had been 2 weeks since he went in the house. I proudly say he's been great and I think is trained.

He walks over to her looks up all vote at her and then farts loud and stinky (he IS a bull dog) and proceeds to pee all over her floor.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Aw man I Love that we can share this kindda stuff and laugh about potty ooops:
We have one friend that when he comes over, our deceased Dalmatian Moli used to tinkle in front of him. Now Copper met him the other day and I had a lot of poop to clean up in the entry of our home ; ( I hope this does not develop into a when so and so visits Copper poops.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Aw man these are good.

OK so my dog Zeus, when he was a puppy, we owned a another dog named Chako, who was a Dachsaund. Zeus wasn't potty trained yet, and Chako was trying to be dominant so he peed wherever Zeus peed. One day Zeus squatted on his potty sheet and I went to praise him when I realized that he just peed all over Chako, who was trying to pee where Zeus just went. So I groaned, picked them both up, and took them outside for a bath. Thats when Chako decides to shake all over me, and I got soaked, and thats when Zeus proceeded to lick Chako, then kiss me on the mouth. I gagged and stood up, soaked with puppy pee, and I could now taste it too. Thats when I realized that some of the neighbor kids where staring over the fence laughing. I had no choice but to wash Chako and Zeus while soaked, then go take a shower. The kids never let me forget it, and I myself will never ever forget that horrible horrible taste of puppy pee.

·
Registered
717 Posts
well its not that amazingly funny but, would make a GREAT commercial!

One early AM I was groggily scooping a rather wet one up and my big goofy hairy schnauzer playfully whipped around and head butted me --and I dropped it onto her head. Yuck I was so dismayed at the sight of her standing there all perky with a "What mommy, what is wrong?" expression on her face with loose poo dripping down the sides of her head!
And what could I do but laugh, silly girl and silly me!

·
Registered
50 Posts
She also pooped an entire turd ON the wall. It looked like she had backed right up and pooped. It is a shame I lost the photo. We took a picture of it and photo shopped it to look like a framed painting on our wall.
Surely this can't be sooo uncommon, but my pup, Opal backs up all the time to poo. It's like she loves leaving turds on fences and walls everywhere. You're not alone. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mine isn't very good either.
We were walking my old dog Thunder and I guess he had to pee and poop really bad. So he went over to a tree lifted his leg peed and pooped at the same time. His poop fell on his leg and slid onto his foot. He just walked off with poop paw prints trailing behind him.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I guess the funniest potty story that I have is when my Golden was 2.5 months old. I took him up to our cabin in wisconsin with my parents. He obviously wasn't house trained at that point but he was starting to get the hang of it, or so i thought. My Mom thought it would be great to have him up in bed with she and my step dad, and it was until he decided to lift his leg (which he had never done before and didn't again for months) on my step dad who was laying in bed. What made it funnier is that we couldnt get him to stop, we told him no and I was trying to get him off of the bed to take him outside, but he couldnt stop going! Needless to say, all of the bedding had to be washed and he wasn't allowed on their bed until he went outside :)

41 - 57 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.