Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
I know the contest is closed, I am not especially interested in the prize anyway although it sounds like a good idea. I think it would freak my boys out, lol. But this story is pretty embarrassing so I figured I'd share anyway!

Maybe a few weeks or so after we brought Dakota home, I got up early with him one morning to take him potty. (He was always good about going outside, almost right from the start. It was very easy overall, minus this one time.) We came back inside and I was in the kitchen, while he played in the family room. As I took a peek around the corner to check on him I caught him getting ready to squat to go number two. I immediately rushed over and told him "no". It appeared as though he had stopped, and I picked him up to head for the door. As I did so, I guess he wasn't quite finished. While carrying him, I heard something land on the floor. Before I could even comprehend what it was, I felt my foot go into a warm smelly pile .. I was barefoot and this happened on the carpet. Gross!

·
Registered
69 Posts
My stories not as tramatic (I might have some nightmares tonight)as a lot of the other stories but I took Coal to a stream that allows dogs and everything went well until Coal decided to take a big poop in the middle of the stream...upstream from a few people wading in the water and a ton of dogs. I was so embarrassed as it floated down stream; I left immedietly. I still feel bad for not going out their and bagging it.
LMAO.... that totally would have embarrassed me too!

·
Registered
689 Posts
I know the contest is over and this story isn't really about a dog but I wanted to share it anyway.
Last fall while on a training run with my team of dogs, I came upon a car that had stopped on our trail. There was a man standing behind it and not until I got closer did I realize that he was taking a leak!! When he saw the dogs and I( which we were pretty close by this time) he turned bright red, quickly..um...zipped up his pants and jumped in his car. I was to embarrassed to say anything to warn him that we were there we just ran passed. I felt bad afterwards for not warning him.

Oh no, we're going to be able to win free dog related products?! Who are these awful corporate people??

Anyhow, I'll retell my favorite Smalls tale, which is usually designed to scare folks away from puppies. ;) I don't know if we're looking for GROSSEST, but with her gross is all I have to work with.

When I picked up Smalls from the shelter, she was a 5 week old stray. She had a prolapsed rectum and ruptured intestines that were surgically corrected the second I got her. It was a rough surgery that she wasn't supposed to survived and left her with a chunk of missing intestines and the remaining intestines were tacked. She wouldn't be able to go to the bathroom for a few days with the swelling, but she tried constantly (which I had to interrupt so she wouldn't strain). I'm a big pushover and let her sleep on the floor in a little bedding area I made her, so I could have my arm off the side of the bed (which was only a foot or so off the ground) to comfort her through out the night.

I thought she could not get onto the bed and thus was cordoned off from the room. I learned this was wrong when she not only jumped onto the bed, but her flood gates opened all over my pillow. I woke up with bloody diarrhea all over my face and head- and I sleep with my mouth open.

Can that thing catch those kind of incidents? :D She also pooped an entire turd ON the wall. It looked like she had backed right up and pooped. It is a shame I lost the photo. We took a picture of it and photo shopped it to look like a framed painting on our wall.
Wow.......I am speechless.........anything for our dogs though right? Even if it means getting a face full of crap........ lol ;)

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
LOL. She'll be four in a couple weeks after that surgery she was never supposed to make it through, so I have forgiven her for that incident.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I know the contest is over, and honestly I am not that enthusiastic about poop-gathering contraptions anyways. On the other hand, I had a good laugh reading the stories everone posted and I do have a memorable poop story (for anyone not involved, that is).

When Léon was around 8 months old, we tried to get him on a new brand of food. We did the gradual shift and all, but he still was getting diarrhea. The guy at the dog food store told me to give it a bit of time and see. Fastforward a couple weeks, we go to Montreal to visit a friend and bring our nice, quiet baby puppy.

I can still see it: I am standing on Ste Catherine street, the busiest street in downtown Mtl, on a perfect summer afternoon on a Saturday. The street is full of people, and I am walking my 100 lbs puppy who has a knack for attracting attention. Said puppy starts squatting down to poop, so I get him off the sidewalk onto the side of the road and promptly take out my small poop bag. Then it started: bloody projectile diarrhea, over 2 meters, comming out in jet-like streams. I'm standing there looking at everyone, proudly brandishing my tiny green poop bag while my dog proceeds to cover a good chunk of the street in liquid poop. People were crossing to the other side, looking at me as if I was standing there strangling kittens.

I did the only thing that made sense to me: I went back to my friend's appartment, got a bucket of water and washed the street. Then I took Léon to the vet, who recommended we stop feeding him the new food. He quickly transformed back from a diarrhea fountain to a dog within a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Do you know why I want to win the poop gathering contraption? Because it looks like it could easily become a poop slinging contraption.

Please don't disqualify me.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Do you know why I want to win the poop trapping contraption? Because it looks like it could easily become a poop slinging contraption.

Please don't disqualify me.
Just for this, if I win for some reason, I'll send it to you. You have to promise to post a video of your first poop-slinging try, though.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I think your neighbours got together and signed a petition forbidding you to go within 5 miles of any poop-scooping implements.

Edited to add: the Great Dane in my previous post is one of my favourite dogs at our local DP. The picture does not quite to credit to his goofiness :p

·
Registered
317 Posts
I know the contest is over, and honestly I am not that enthusiastic about poop-gathering contraptions anyways. On the other hand, I had a good laugh reading the stories everone posted and I do have a memorable poop story (for anyone not involved, that is).

When Léon was around 8 months old, we tried to get him on a new brand of food. We did the gradual shift and all, but he still was getting diarrhea. The guy at the dog food store told me to give it a bit of time and see. Fastforward a couple weeks, we go to Montreal to visit a friend and bring our nice, quiet baby puppy.

I can still see it: I am standing on Ste Catherine street, the busiest street in downtown Mtl, on a perfect summer afternoon on a Saturday. The street is full of people, and I am walking my 100 lbs puppy who has a knack for attracting attention. Said puppy starts squatting down to poop, so I get him off the sidewalk onto the side of the road and promptly take out my small poop bag. Then it started: bloody projectile diarrhea, over 2 meters, comming out in jet-like streams. I'm standing there looking at everyone, proudly brandishing my tiny green poop bag while my dog proceeds to cover a good chunk of the street in liquid poop. People were crossing to the other side, looking at me as if I was standing there strangling kittens.

I did the only thing that made sense to me: I went back to my friend's appartment, got a bucket of water and washed the street. Then I took Léon to the vet, who recommended we stop feeding him the new food. He quickly transformed back from a diarrhea fountain to a dog within a couple of weeks.
This has got to be the funniest thing I've ever read. Thank you so much for sharing your poop experience with us. :D

·
Registered
317 Posts
Honestly, I imagine that I would have laughed and laughed if that had happened to me, while it was happening. But I have a very odd sense of humor where dog poop is concerned. Cat poops is another story.

·
Administrator
4,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Hi everyone... so sorry for the late reply.

The winner for this contest is Simple Me Kim (post #18). Congrats!!!

21 - 40 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.