Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My otherwise healthy 11 yo black lab has slowly been developing some irritation where his upper canine teeth close over the skin of his lower jaw. It has come on slowly over the past 2 years just below the gumline on the outside. His fur has turned an odd color of red/brown (reminds me of weepy poodle eyes) and it has just recently become itchy. There is no oozing "hotspot" type effects and no obvious smell. It's almost like his drool and canine tooth have just irritated the fur/skin a bit.
Has anyone ever heard of this or know of any natural remedy? He eats human-grade natural and/or organic food along with flax seed oil, omegas, glucosamine/chondrotin/msm, etc... and has never had any health or allergy issues.
Thank you! :)

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Sassy had that just recently. I was going to the vet anyway, area was shaved and cleaned and I was told to wipe the area with baby wipes regularly. The lower lip folds over a bit and under that was red and swollen. I just looked, area is red but not swollen anymore. Guess I need to get after it with baby wipes again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts