Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My pom is currently being treated for Ehrlichia. Now some people are advising me to not walk my dog anymore because she might get it again once she recovers. I've been using Nexgard for the past 3 months but I guess the Ehrlichia was transmitted before the drug worked. The vet recommended Nexgard just an fyi.

What tick preventative do you use for your dogs that actually worked in preventing tick-borne diseases?

·
Super Moderator
3,713 Posts
My pom is currently being treated for Ehrlichia. Now some people are advising me to not walk my dog anymore because she might get it again once she recovers. I've been using Nexgard for the past 3 months but I guess the Ehrlichia was transmitted before the drug worked. The vet recommended Nexgard just an fyi.

What tick preventative do you use for your dogs that actually worked in preventing tick-borne diseases?
I don't know who these people are who are always telling you stuff about your dog, but I don't think they actually know anything about dogs....That's like saying, "Oh, I got the flu so now I won't go out anymore because I might get it again!" lol. If the dog is on a preventative, it is unlikely she will get another infection. The preventative doesn't prevent the disease itself, just the ticks. But dogs get sick, just like people, unless they live in a boring bubble. Unless your vet says otherwise (which I doubt he/she will) you can walk your dog.

I use Frontline, but it doesn't work in all places anymore because some ticks are immune to it. If your vet recommended Nexgard, listen to your vet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.