Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eddee went to the vet and acted like a complete neurotic mess! Barked straight up in the vets face and would not sit still for anything! Lol! He is off the wall! But he is a healthy 10 month to one year old nut case! .... He reminds me of a cross between Toto and Ozzy Ozbourne. Lol!

I gave him a 50 foot lead to run around on in the yard to get used to his "home" .... he did not know what to do ....Lol! :) ...

He just sits there .....

Now what? ....

Oh yeah! ...

Finally he goes 25 feet! ...

Eddee is a trip! .... also a quick learner ... believe it or not! Lol! :)

·
Registered
751 Posts
LOL must of been an interesting day at work for the vet ^_^
Koda is the same way when he is on a long leash in the yard, just sits there and looks at me like im stupid.

Eddee is beautiful! everthing about him screams cuddle me! <3

·
Registered
158 Posts
Wow you have a huge yard and so green! It is still freezing here. My lawn is tiny compared to that and still mostly brown. The hedge was starting to get some buds and my bulbs were cropping up but today was so cold that they are calling for snow possibly tonight. I can not wait to have my pup out in nice lush grass.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
We hook Skyler up to a 100ft long line that we attach to his Ruff Wear webmaster harness, he loves it...we run, practice obedience commands, play games with "touch" & just got the ok from rehab vet to finally play some low flying frisbee. In the front yard we hook him up to a shorter 40ft line when doing yard work or outdoor projects.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
He is so cute! Aidan would love to play with him. If I put Aidan on a long line, he goes straight to the rose bush and wraps himself around it, or he goes past the garden the rose bush is in, where there is a retaining wall, and jumps off it. We were thankful we keep a close eye on him when he jumped off the high retaining wall, because he was dangling in mid air by his harness.

Basically, there is nowhere on 2 acres of land to tie out Aidan unless we are right there with him, because he goes looking for trouble. Now he has a 40 x 20 dog run that is small because that is what we could afford. I wanted to attach the fence to the front porch, which has a fairly high wall around it, but Aidan thinks nothing of attempting to jump over the porch walls .. I prevent that, of course.

So far, poor playful Aidan has met three of my friends' dogs and none of them will play with him - 2 collies and a beagle/basset.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
What'd you do when he barked at the vet?
Goodness .... I didn't know what to do but try to contain him by holding him ... TRY to hold him still. I told him "Enough" and tried to calm him by rubbing his chest ... to no avail! I probably inadvertently reinforced his bad behavior!

He was beyond anxious at this facility ... unlike he is at home so far. He gave me a work-out for sure!!! I was full of scratches ... I can hardly wait to try and put his frontline on and cut his nails ... gonna be a two person job! Other than that ... he is great ... and has quit marking in the house now. :/

I had to take him in the back room and walk him around in my arms to calm him? I have never come across something like this.

Any advice?

He has to go back for his last booster on the 16th of May. Heaven help me! ... and the poor vet. It was not very easy having to take blood for the heartworm test! :/

Also ... I am going to give Eddee ... Leeo's old/new harness ... just as soon as I can get over feeling sorry for myself and the loss of Leeo. I do have a new black harness I am going to use in the yard to protect Eddee's throat.

Also ... Sounds like Eddee has picked up a little kennel cough ... but that is to be expected and no big deal around here! :/ I need to not use his collar ....

Our yard is fairly large and we do live in the woods ... so Eddee has a ton of world to explore ... Lol! He just doesn't know it yet! :)

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I've never had a dog who was anxious about going to the vet, but if I did, I'd ask the vet if giving him a mild tranquilizer before the visit would be a good idea.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've never had a dog who was anxious about going to the vet, but if I did, I'd ask the vet if giving him a mild tranquilizer before the visit would be a good idea.
I did mention that to the vet. I actually said ... "Maybe Eddee needs some calming meds?" The vet had no reply and just smiled ... I am glad he has a good attitude. :) I told the vet that Eddee is not like this at home. He just laughed.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
He has a van dyke mustache! Look at the white fur on his muzzle, it's a perfect van dyke mustache. that's awesome!

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He has a van dyke mustache! Look at the white fur on his muzzle, it's a perfect van dyke mustache. that's awesome!
Lol! I never thought of that! :) I think that is kind of cool too now that you pointed it out! lol!

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
He is a cutie, Holly has a 50 foot lead, she plays ball on her's, if i didn't take a ball with me she would look for one.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
He is a cutie, Holly has a 50 foot lead, she plays ball on her's, if i didn't take a ball with me she would look for one.
I have every intention of implementing some fun stuff like this for Eddee too! :) But Eddee gave me a start when he showed his teeth at me with a toy he picked out and went and hid under my bed with ... a pink bar bell (squeak toy) ...

Now maybe this means not to others ... but Leeo's favorite toy in the whole world was a pink bar bell.

I remedied the situation by trading up for the pink bar bell with a high value yummy treat. It worked for good! Eddee is so smart he brought me the pink bar bell this morning and dropped it at my feet for a treat in return! Lol! I am really loving this little dog! :)

·
Registered
792 Posts
Our Westie was a neurotic, aggressive mess for the groomer. She asked us to give him a benedryl before we brought him, and apparently its drowsy effects were enough to chill him out. But you should definitely talk to the vet first, especially if he'll be recieving medication at the vet.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Our Westie was a neurotic, aggressive mess for the groomer. She asked us to give him a benedryl before we brought him, and apparently its drowsy effects were enough to chill him out. But you should definitely talk to the vet first, especially if he'll be recieving medication at the vet.
Good idea! I will ask for sure! :)

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Awwww! He's got such a sweet face & a very loving expression in his eyes.
Awwwe ...

Yes he does ... but when he reached out his little paw from within that cold dark shelter cage and held my hand ... he stole my heart. I could barely see his face until we were able to take him outside and play with him.

This particular shelter is nothing like it was many years ago. I had not been to this shelter for years as it is another county where I used to live many years back. They have upgraded to a new facility and have really nice pet runs for prospective adopters and the dogs to meet and greet and visit in. :) I was impressed

They even gave a care package with a dental bone, package of dog food, coupons, hand book for training puppy and a new nylon collar with the dog license attached. Huge improvement! It used to be a hole in the wall. :/ ... straight line cement run with about 20 cages... and stinky! Not any more! :)

Also the spay/neuter is included in the adoption fee ... all you do is call and make the appointment.

EDIT: I still want to add that I miss my little Leeo .... but Edee seems to be what I was lead to ... maybe my Mother and Leeo had a hand in it ... All in what you believe in. :)

Eddee's head is not much larger than my hand ... Lol! I keep thinking he is breakable and edible .... I saw the bald eagle yesterday circling above the woods ... it never left. :/

1 - 18 of 18 Posts