Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know how the back of the dog food bags tell you how much you should be feeding your dog? Well I basically follow that, but it seems like such a tiny little amount, especially beacuse of the way my dogs run like wild animals all day in the back yard (they're still puppies - 10 months old). Anyway, I was worried about them because I kept seeing their little ribbies. Lately I've been giving them each about a cup extra and they've filled out a little bit. I don't know now if I should continue doing that or go back to what the bag says. I don't want them to be fat (I think that's the meanest thing you could do to your dog) but I don't want them to be starving eather! Any other health tips are more than welcome :D

A FAT DOG IS A MISERABLE DOG it's like torture!! I don't want my dogs to be that way...

Thanks before hand!!!:D

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
Eh, don't pay too much attention to the feeding instructions on the bag, those are only basic guidelines. Just feed your dogs the right amount FOR THEM, whether it's more or less than the bag recommends. Keep an eye out, and cut back if they start getting chubby.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts