Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
I just burst out laughing thinking of how frustrated some of my dogs would have been if they were pulling and pulling and just kept spinning around to face me. It sounds like a great idea though. I am so glad it is working out so well for you and Hallie.

·
Registered
502 Posts
everytime Lynn tries to pull, and gets turned back to me she starts barking and trying to pull again. and then she started pulling backwards! walking backwards to try to get out of the harness. but she realized that doesnt work either. Using it the normal way did not work on Lynn because it didnt fit right no matter what. i did put it on backwards and fasten the chest loop to her collar with the leash, and i can see this working wonderfully!

this harness did fit my other sheltie, Ruckus just fine. I guess my Lynn is shaped funny!

·
Registered
5 Posts
If this works on a Husky it ought to work great on my big-chested stubborn puller. The dog is an angel in all aspects except on the leash. I've tried the gentle leader but that didn't work too well. This seems to be the right move for Mack.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Turn it upside down and fasten the loop to a flat collar
how do you mean turn it upside down ... like flip it inside out so the buckles and everything go the right way .... or make the chest piece the piece that goes over the withers (sorry horse term) i guess it would be their shoulders

·
Registered
673 Posts
interesting. Using it the right way never worked for my dog either, upside down hmmm..... I took it back awhile ago but still have her regular harness, I wonder if that would work for pulling using it upside down as well? except the loop would be under her chest? I know she doesn't like it when her leash gets caught between her legs running underneath her belly a bit, I wonder....:rolleyes: she is getting better but you know with those distractions

·
Registered
72 Posts
^ Well, that didn't work. The whole harness just shifts to the side and stays there. The front hookup seems useless. Oh well.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts