Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I was wondering if anybody knows if Eagle Pack Dog food is good. It says it has added vitamins and I emailed them and they said they use no artificial colors or preservatives. I am feeding my dog homemade food right now because i am scared of all the stuff they say dog food has in it (like what the Dog Food Secrets says) but I am wondering if she is getting enough of all that she needs, so I was thinking of adding some of the Eagle Pack to her food (specifically the lamb meal and Rice w/ oatmeal). Anyways any of your comments thoughts would be great!

·
Registered
5,902 Posts
I've used Eagle off and on for years and will use it in the future, I'm sure. They have two lines, original and holistic. I used the holistic, I keep away from corn, for my dogs. My son & his wife are using the holistic lamb for their two dogs and they're doing very well on it. Eagle recently had a merger with Wellness but I can't remember who bought out who. It's a very good food, I especially like their senior care formula, for those of you with older dogs

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I've fed Eagle Pack Holistic Selects Chicken and Rice. My dog like it and she did well on it. I would recommend it. Just feed the Holistic Selects line; the premium line isn't that great. Wellpet bought out both Wellness and Eagle Pack.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have heard that Eagle has now outsourced its food manufacturing to a plant in China. Don't know for sure if this is true, but my source seems quite certain about it. Wonder if anyone can verify this?

·
Registered
858 Posts
I seriously doubt that Eagle would outsource the manufacturing of it's kibble to China when they have a perfectly good plant in Indiana and contracts with the suppliers of its ingredients. While many other dog food companies were under scrutiny because of their manufacturing practices, Eagle was fine because of their standards. Why would they switch now?

Why don't you contact them and ask them?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just stay away from corn as a top 3 ingredient - thats pretty much my rule.

Corn is just a filler and doesn't provide much to a dog.

Think about it - if I gave you a 4 oz steak with 5 cups of corn on the side, would you really be full? Or feel like you've gotten a nutritious meal?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts