Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My husband and I have a 1 year old golden retriever/border collie mix (at least that’s what we believe her to be) named Zoey. Unfortunately, she’s had a pretty “ruff” first year. She was heavily infested with parasites when we adopted her, which has been taken care of, but now we’re in what feels like a never ending battle of e coli. We found out a few months ago that she is very heavily infested with e coli. She has been on 2 different antibiotics over the course of the last 2 months (Cephalexin for 2 weeks, then Doxycycline for 5 weeks). The antibiotics seem to only be masking the issue as her symptoms have come back even worse since finishing her last dose. We are very concerned for her well being and want to get her cured asap. We are looking to get a second opinion from another vet, but would like to find someone who has great experience with e coli, or even better, someone who specializes in it. Can anyone please recommend a vet that fits the bill in the Waukesha County, Wisconsin area?

Thank you so much in advance!

Samantha

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've recently heard good things about UW Madison. I'll have to check them out. Thank you very much for the recommendation!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts