Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night, my husband made risotto. At 1 am, my MIL wakes me up to tell me that Kabota threw up risotto. I assumed it just looked like risotto, because he's not tall enough to get into the garbage and not smart enough to unlock it. I couldn't figure out why he was throwing up from 1am to 3am.

Yeah, this morning I watched him stand up on his hind legs, pull down the lock with his front paw and lift the lid with his nose. Now, he can only get something if the garbage is full- which it was last night.

Btw, risotto is mostly arborio rice and wine. Yup, Kabota was drunk. And the garbage is on the deck.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Smart dogs are a blessing and a curse.

Poor Kabota, hopefully he is feeling a bit better today!

·
Registered
891 Posts
Aw, I hope he's feeling better today. He probably didn't feel any effects from the wine in the risotto, though. The alcohol cooks off. Otherwise, my kids have been walking around drunk for years, LOL.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Last night, my husband made risotto. At 1 am, my MIL wakes me up to tell me that Kabota threw up risotto. I assumed it just looked like risotto, because he's not tall enough to get into the garbage and not smart enough to unlock it. I couldn't figure out why he was throwing up from 1am to 3am.

Yeah, this morning I watched him stand up on his hind legs, pull down the lock with his front paw and lift the lid with his nose. Now, he can only get something if the garbage is full- which it was last night.

Btw, risotto is mostly arborio rice and wine. Yup, Kabota was drunk. And the garbage is on the deck.
Ha!! Thanks for the thr laugh, oh... Those dogs of ours :rolleyes: lol.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's not true that all the alcohol cooks off. Enough that you won't get even tipsy, but you're not a 45lb dog.

I took him to the vet just in case. He said Kabota is fine and the slight lethargy could easily be the heat. 93F today. I'm certainly lethargic, even with the air on.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Hahaha smart boy.. and what a coincidence.. I made risotto last night too! LOL! Sausage & tomato.. mmmm. Risotto is awesome I don't blame him for gettin his paws on it :)

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hahaha smart boy.. and what a coincidence.. I made risotto last night too! LOL! Sausage & tomato.. mmmm. Risotto is awesome I don't blame him for gettin his paws on it :)
The contestants on Hell's Kitchen make risotto look like the hardest thing to prepare ever, but it's our "crap, we don't have anything make!" go to dish. We always have rice and wine around, so my husband throws in a random vegetable and/or meat, and there you go, dinner.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hilarious! I'm glad he's feeling better, but yeah--I can't imagine it would take too much if you weigh 45lbs, haha!

·
Registered
943 Posts
The contestants on Hell's Kitchen make risotto look like the hardest thing to prepare ever, but it's our "crap, we don't have anything make!" go to dish. We always have rice and wine around, so my husband throws in a random vegetable and/or meat, and there you go, dinner.
LOL yup. Mine requires a bit of effort, but it still is fairly easy - more time consuming than anything. I simmered up a pot of water with diced tomatoes with italian seasonging, sauteed up onions and italian sausage, threw in the rice and white wine, then just had to gradually add a cup or so at a time of the water/tomato mixture and it took almost an hour for that stuff to cook. Ouch my feet were sore from standing there and stirring, adding, stirring, adding.. but boy, sure is good!

Oh and I always have plenty of wine in the house hehe, I find ways to cook it in almost everything lol. Including my chilis, stews, and marinades.. lol

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
My neighbor has a Cavalier that loves taking sips of beer. His other Cav plays fetch, but this one just stands around waiting for beer from the bottle. Dogs are so weird.

Hope Kabota is feeling better and has learned his lesson (yeah right)!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts