Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,444 Posts
Sorry, but the resident fuddy-duddy (that would be me) says, "No dragon threads on the general forum. Not even on the Other Pets forum."

Also, if all those dragons cause your signature to exceed the maximum size (and yours does, by a lot) the signature is at risk of disappearing.

I have warned a few others that they'd have to decide between dragons and their dogs in their signature (in order to maintain the size limit) and was appalled when they decided on the dragons.

Believe it or not, I love dragons. I have an artist-commissioned dragon looking over my shoulder at the moment. I'll post his photo later (in the Off-topic forum.)

But threads about dragon eggs are going to be limited to the off-topic forum and signatures are going to have to be reasonable.

http://www.dogforums.com/7-off-topic/10581-signatures.html

Edit: As promised, this is my dragon, Spike. The handsome guy looking over his shoulder is Cubby, my late, great lab.

Down the length of that shelf are various representations of my past and present dogs, including an urn with Cubby's ashes. Spike is the only non-canine to hang out up there.

Man, somebody needs to go up there and dust!

Spike was pre-named by the artist friend who made him. I had to fill out pre-adoption papers before she'd ship him.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I'm going to threadjack a bit, but I wanted to ask Ron what Spike is made of? It's very cute. I dabble in making paper mache animals (well, not so much anymore) and I was wondering if that was what he was made of. If so, he is really well done! Paper mache is hard to master.

(Oh, and PS, the drawing (or painting) of Cubby is beautiful. I'm working on a drawing of my pup myself, but I can't draw nearly as well. That picture is stunning)

·
Super Moderator
11,444 Posts
Brittany, Spike is paper mache. I'll see if I can find the details and post or PM them.

The portrait of Cubby was another commissioned piece by a very good portrait artist.

I had a picture framing shop for 28 years and had the pleasure of knowing, and working with, some very accomplished artists. Many of them were willing to trade framing for art, so I have some nice things that I will always treasure.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Brittany, Spike is paper mache. I'll see if I can find the details and post or PM them.

The portrait of Cubby was another commissioned piece by a very good portrait artist.

I had a picture framing shop for 28 years and had the pleasure of knowing, and working with, some very accomplished artists. Many of them were willing to trade framing for art, so I have some nice things that I will always treasure.
Thanks for replying back. Maybe we can start an art thread. I have a cute little paper mache raccoon staring at me right now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.