Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please tell this old non-geek how to download a picture. The window comes up with the "Http" stuff. I copy a photoshop picture page address into it and it does nothing. Won't even accept the page address. Or I get a picture frame with a red X in it.

Do not assume I know anything. Spell it out...

Or better yet a reference or link to the instructions.

·
Super Moderator
11,482 Posts
You have two choices. One is to sign up for a free "hosting" service like Photobucket. They store the image and provide a URL address which you plug into the little utility you access by clicking on
I thinks that's what you tried to do, but it won't pull images from you computer. They already have to be uploaded to a hosting service.

The other choice requires that you post using the 'advanced' button. Then click on
which brings up an attachments window. There are some reminders about maximum file sizes and acceptable file extensions. Assuming your image meets the limitations, and it's somewhere on your computer where you can find it, click on one of the 'browse' buttons, find the file, and upload it.

This will make dogforums the host - which is why there are limits to file size. The hosting capacity of dogforums is not unlimited (but neither is Photobucket.)

If you're going to post a lot of photos (a la Mr. Pooch :D) you'll want a Photobuck account or something similar.

If you just want to dabble and post a few pictures, try the second option.

Good luck. If you try it, and it doesn't work, I'll probably be able to look at you post and see what happened, so don't just delete your own post if it looks wrong.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts