Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
She looks like a typical red (liver/brown) merle to me, but I have the same question as DaySleepers, were both her parents merle? A double merle typically has no pigment to their nose, lips, and eye rims, while this girl has obvious pigment, and the pink spots will probably fill in with brown as she gets older.
Hello, I'm not sure about her dad but her mum was a beautiful red Merle. To be honest I was scared by how "light" She looks. I was staring at her pictures trying to Tell if She Is/isn't a double.
Is it typical for the pink spots to fill in with Brown? Thank you for you help:)!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Were both parents merle? Sorry if that's an obvious question, just trying to get the whole picture!

This pup doesn't look obviously double merle to me, but that doesn't mean she isn't. The big worry with double merle is that it can result in blindness and deafness, so if possible, getting a vet to check that the puppy has normal vision and hearing would be your best option before committing to bringing her home.
Her mum Is a beautiful red Merle but I'm not sure about her dad. I know breeding two merle dogs Is bad so I was scared that She could be deaf/Blind or both. I know .. She doesnt look 100% double but you never know.
Thank you So much for your help!:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts