Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Donatello's Valentine's Day present... Was a new coat! It won't be cold long enough for me to get my money's worth, but I couldn't pass it up!

He hates wearing it at first, but after a few minutes he quickly forgets about it being on!

Doesn't he look so pissed? lol!

Then we went outside to see how it does... At least he doesn't shiver no more! : P

Sometimes the hood falls in his face and he gets all flustered and turned around, lol, but it keeps him warm!

-MORE-

·
Registered
487 Posts
My family had a collie when I was growing up and we got a sweater for him because it was cold in NY in the winter. Within about an hour, he chewed it up into a million pieces.
What kind of breed(s) is Donatello? He's so cute!

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My family had a collie when I was growing up and we got a sweater for him because it was cold in NY in the winter. Within about an hour, he chewed it up into a million pieces.
What kind of breed(s) is Donatello? He's so cute!
Well, Donatello doesn't chew on anything that isn't his, he has an uncanny ability to decipher what is his to chew and what isn't...

As for his breed, he's a Chi-Mix, lol! More specifically I think he's mixed with Min-Pin, (because of his coloring). However, he has the speed of an Italian Greyhound, the tiny ones? He's super fast!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Well, Donatello doesn't chew on anything that isn't his, he has an uncanny ability to decipher what is his to chew and what isn't...

As for his breed, he's a Chi-Mix, lol! More specifically I think he's mixed with Min-Pin, (because of his coloring). However, he has the speed of an Italian Greyhound, the tiny ones? He's super fast!
"Chi" as in Chihuahua? I guess there's no clear comparison for reference in the pictures but I was going to guess that he was much bigger than that--like at least 30 lbs!

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"Chi" as in Chihuahua? I guess there's no clear comparison for reference in the pictures but I was going to guess that he was much bigger than that--like at least 30 lbs!
Yes, the Animal Shelter I adopted him from classified him as a Chi-mix, (Chihuahua.) He's about 15 pounds, possibly less judging from the Shelter.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Very cute!
Donatello reminds me of my cousin's old dog.The only difference is that he had a little more white and no tan and was super overweight.

We got Holly a jacket and booties for her first winter. She'd be pissed because it was cold outside and didn't want to walk outside. She thought she hated her jacket and booties, but learned quickly that they kept her warm. She likes wearing clothes now haha.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ahh yes, that coat does keep him warm, much more so than his thin fleece sweater.

And it's quite fitting, isn't it? I spied that and said, "He'd look great in this!!" lol!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts