Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The past few days I've been sleeping on a futon mattress on the floor, and Ursala has been very clingy. When I wake up in the mornings she's either perched on top of me with her head nestled in the curve of my neck or she'll crawl on top of me and lick me enthusiastically as soon as she sees that I'm awake. Should I be concerned about this being dominant behaviour or is she just being more clingy because she's going through a fear period? (She's about 9 weeks right now)

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I don't think she's being dominant OR fearful. I think she likes you.

·
Registered
105 Posts
She loves you and likes to cuddle, good dogs love to cuddle :)

Dominance would be if she started humping you.... My puppy used to hump me like crazy, then i started going all alpha male on him, good posture, holding him down on the floor by his scruff if he starts, etc, and now he knows im teh boss :p & hasnt humped again.

·
Registered
12,761 Posts
Dominance would be if she started humping you.... My puppy used to hump me like crazy, then i started going all alpha male on him, good posture, holding him down on the floor by his scruff if he starts, etc, and now he knows im teh boss :p & hasnt humped again.
Ya, humping is dominance. :rolleyes:

Why do dogs hump? Is it dominance? Aggression? Fun? Sexual? Can you take any natural behavior and elicit it on cue, or use the behavior to reward other behaviors?

Buffy (yes a girl dog) mounts her female trainer on command.

This clip is not included in the original DVD, but this outtake is released here to demonstrate how ANY behavior can be captured, reinforced and cemented.

Yes, Jean was able to train, via shaping by successive approximation, mounting and thrusting in a spayed female dog.

Nobody was hurt, she doesn't advocate anybody else doing it and if you don't think it's "appropriate" then avert your eyes.

You just had to watch, didn't you?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts