Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all. I am the proud owner of 2 doxie's and I am doing some research on the dog boarding / kennel industry. I take my doxie's to work with me everyday and we take them on vacation with us as well so we have never needed to board or kennel them. I am looking to people that have with some questions.

I am wondering if any boarding or kennels have cameras installed at the facility or in the kennel that allow you to watch your pet from a computer or your phone. If so do they charge you extra to watch?How much?

If not is this something that interests you? Would you pay extra for it? Would you go out of your way to use the services of one that does?

What affect would a boarding or kennel which has cameras that you can watch your pet on have on you?

Thank you for your help.

PS here is a quick pic I took of my boys Hans & Franz at the office. These are going to be listed under our Staff page on our new site :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yes, several boarding kennels have a "webcam", so you can see what your dog is doing 24/7. If they charge extra, and if so, how much, depends on the kennel. If it wasn't too much, then yes, I would consider this a feature worth paying for. Sometimes they might tend to treat the dog better and make sure of his/her comfort when the staff and kennel owner know that, at any time, you may be watching them.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
I just boarded my dogs this past weekend. They have web cams up, but I didn't check them at all. They let me tour the kennels when I dropped the dogs off and they all were nice and clean, didn't smell like waste and the dogs seemed just fine.

·
Registered
214 Posts
When we went on vacation last year, we had just gotten Rascal a couple of weeks prior to vacation. I purposely chose the kennel I did specifically for the webcam feature. It was 12 more per day to have one of those rooms, but when my husband dropped them off he refused to pay the 12. I didn't find out about that until I logged on to check on them.

This year when we went on vacation, I boarded Rascal at the doggie daycare that he goes to. I would love it if they had a webcam and would happily pay the extra fee.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts