Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this collar off ebay awhile back because the battery was shot and it was cheap and easy to replace, I was planning to just replace the battery and make some quick cash on it. After testing it out, I liked it way too much to sell, Brenna even likes it.

I walk Brenna offleash pretty much all the time because she has pretty good recall and is trustworthy, however sometimes up in the hills the wind is blowing hard and if I yell for her to come, she doesn't hear me.

What I needed was a reliable way to get my message across that told here I wanted her to come to me. The Dogtra 200NCP worked perfect for that and at the price I got it at, I am very happy.

The features of the collar are Water proof collar and water resistant remote, Rheostat dial for setting the correction levels(0 - 100 Levels) The correction types include Nick, Constant, and Pager, it has a 1/2 mile range which is plenty for me.

This works well for Brenna because if I don't feel like yelling for her to come then I just press the pager button and that causes the collar to vibrate only. It did not take her long to figure out what I wanted when her collar vibrates.

I seldom ever have to use the static correction, so i just keep the dial set at 0, that way if I press the correction button by mistake, she won't even know it.

Overall, I would have been very happy with this training system even if I did pay full price for it. I have since upgraded the collar with a Multi Contact pad, which replaces the standard 2 probe system with a pad that has a ring of small contacts on it. This allows the collar to be worn longer and makes it more comfortable for the dog, but it will not work on long haired dogs.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
glad it is working out for you. When you say you walk your dog off leash most of the time, does that mean in the city? or out on your land somewhere? Just curious as we have leash laws here. We cannot just walk our dogs off leash no matter how good their recall. Some people do of course, but they are not supposed to. I know laws are different from area to area so I was wondering about yours. :) What kind of dog is Brenna?

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
We have the Dogtra 175 and it works great also. I think the main difference between the 175 and the 200 was the range. We're not doing field work or anything (yet! DH has been thinking of retriever training for Kaya) so we went with the lower range model.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mainly I walk Brenna out in the open grassy fields that are only 1/2 mile away from my house, Brenna is a Treeing Walker Coonhound, She is very easy going. Sometimes I do walk her in town and I admit that I normally do not follow the leash law there, and nobody has ever complained or said anything to me about it. That is because she always sticks right next to me in town, not 500 feet in front of me greeting other people. Out in the open grassy fields she goes where she wants pretty much.

There are only 2 differences between the 175 and the 200, range and the shape of the remote.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts