Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did Rittie have her puppies? Did I miss the announcement? Pictures? Or are they still pending?

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
I talked to her a few days ago about it. Unfortunately, Rittie reabsorbed :-(

All my Collie friends seem to be having this issue lately x.x

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Yep what Xeph said is true, I'm on another forum with DSA and remember the thread on the absorbed litter...so sad :(

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
I'm sorry to hear this...
I just have to say that I HATE the fact that good people like you try to properly breed to better the breed, and alot of times things go wrong. :( I just hate the fact that so many idiots BYB and 'designer breed' and everything goes fine and dandy and they get a huge payoff in the end.

It really really bugs me. Sigh... Good Luck for the next time Dogstar, I'll be hoping for ya.
Nessa

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Hey, I can live with this kind of thing going wrong. While it sucks, Rittie is fine and vet has cleared her to be re-bred this time (he suggested with her age it would be silly to wait a season and scolded me for NOT breeding her last year, as in his opinion, 3.5 is the perfect age for a first litter ;P)

I'm looking at co-breeding a litter with TxCollies from her up-and-coming boy Chase. (I'd normally just lease Rittie to her, but I'm raising the litter, so... :p Yeah.)

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Hey, I can live with this kind of thing going wrong. While it sucks, Rittie is fine and vet has cleared her to be re-bred this time (he suggested with her age it would be silly to wait a season and scolded me for NOT breeding her last year, as in his opinion, 3.5 is the perfect age for a first litter ;P)

I'm looking at co-breeding a litter with TxCollies from her up-and-coming boy Chase. (I'd normally just lease Rittie to her, but I'm raising the litter, so... :p Yeah.)
You're such a strong person then... I would have to learn to be :eek:. I'm so glad that your gal is healthy and doing good.

So when will it be then? In a few months? Oh and I hope we can see a pic of the stud... I bet he's handsome.
Nessa

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Certain people are really unhelpful about uploading their photos where I can hotlink to them, but here's a photo of him from before Christmas.

Yep, I've been lazy about taking and uploading new pix. But frankly, since he's a teenager, I'm ignoring how he looks and would prefer that no one sees him for awhile. :p

Rittie's littermate had a litter of 9 on Tuesday, bred to the same dog that Rittie was and at pretty much the same time, so we know it wasn't the stud's fault.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts

I am glad Rittie is okay. Can I ask a stupid question? What actually happens when a bitch absorbs the litter?

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Dogstar said that they felt puppies at day 45, and then she reabsorbed them. I think that's kinda late to reabsorbe. Oh well, I guess we'll never know what really happened. lol

It was three weeks later, Cait. We know Mac had nothing to do with it. His sperm checks are fine and he's free from everything. Anyway, Rittie needs to be proven on her next litter, for sure.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts