Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I'm not sure if I'm out of line posting this, but I belong to another forum and someone on there how dogs are used as LIVE shark bait in Asia.

Is this true, or were people just trying to stir the pot? I personally have never heard of this, and was too sickened by the idea to keep reading the post.

They did post 2 pictures that seemed to support what they were say, but unless someone on here requests to see them, I'll spare you...

Petitions are signed all over the world to stop inhumane slaughtering, seal hunting and many other things...is there anything we as dog lovers can do to stop this?

I know cultures differ in many ways, but seeing as this is LIVE baiting, this literally would be torture if its true!!

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Happily (ok, well it's still annoying cause the guy is trying to scam money from the soft hearted), if it is the video I'm thinking of (though that one I thought said the carribean and had rich people going there to do it), it is a total scam video made to just get people to send the guy money.

I don't really want to watch it again (I might be able to stomach it knowing it's a fake now but it had me squirming watching it at first). But several people pointed out that it looks obviously messed around with (like when they are holding the dog up it appears it is by a harness but they film it at an angle not to show that).

I think there was another case I heard of where they were fidning dogs with hooks through their jaws but if you look at the pictures you can see it was a case of a dog biting a hook (it happens). And I think one area where at most they were using dead dog bodies.

Or rather, snopes has better info on that than I:
http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/sharkbait.asp

(also, there was a video some one had made more recently than that story which spurred the rumors that I originally was talking about).

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That picture in the link you posted is the exact one the person posted on another forum. There was no video, thank goodness! I'll post that link for everyone to on the other forum to look at.

Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts