Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, first time here. I have been browsing for issues related to dry eye condition in dogs. My almost 5 year old border collie lab mix just a week and a half ago started sneezing, two days of sneezing and it stopped but she was holding her right eye closed. I rinsed it out and and she seemed better, the next day I noticed a thick stretchy ropy white grey mucus in her eye. I would clean her eye out when ever possible. It started on a sunday and we were able to get an appointment at our vet on wednesday and they just gave us antibiotics (pill and and eye cream). They said she had a small corneal ulcer. They wanted a follow up visit. Throughout the week it did not seem to get any better it just stayed the same. next tuesday we went back and another vet looked at her and did a tear test and she was not producing much tears in her right eye and normal in her left. The vet gave us an eye ointment to lubricate her eye, the stuff thats used for dogs with dry eye condition. The day we went in her mucus in her eye was grey and more like a film than a stretch ropy mucus type. After her hey was cleaned out it went back to the ropy type. From that day her mucus has been less and less. I wanted to get a second opinion and took her to another vet and said the same thing today. Now her left eye lid seems to droop a bit and her third eye lid on each eye is starting to come out. Also her inner ears are sensitive now, before she never had a problem with then being cleaned or touched but once the vet took a look she yelped. each vet says it dry eye condition but they cant tell me why she was sneezing and i forgot to mention that her right nostril is is dry and gets gunked up with crust. She still is holding her eye a bit closed. Im not 100% convinced its dry eye condition. prior to her eye issue and sneezing. I got over being sick a week before that and after i was finished my cat got sick and started sneezing for about a week, as soon as she was done my dog started. I m not sure if that has anything to do with it. Forgot to mention that she is eating normal and her activity is normal. Nothing out of the ordinary in her habits either.

Sorry for this being so long but i want to make sure there isnt anything that could be over looked. I dont have a problem taking care of my dog and getting her the meds she needs i just want her to feel better. I saw on here with a pic posted that a dog had an eye infection and it was a virus called pseudomonus. Im not sure if she could have an issues that needs the right antibiotics or not. It looks similar to how her eye is but not as inflamed. I trust my vet but i had an issue with a previous vet and they were wrong about the issue and i saw a different vet and it was cleared up in a week instead of a year. Im pretty sure i forgot to mention something but if more info is needed ill be more that happy to fill it in. Thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts