Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I'm new here. I have 2 little dachshunds who I love more than anything, I figured people here would understand doggy love. So I'm getting a divorce, but that is a story for another day. Anyways, she told me I could keep the dogs. I'm at a broken bridge here. Single guy, working and school full time, not to mention a new dating/social life. I feel like i won't have time for my babies anymore. I can't lose them too. Any suggestions? I don't have much money.. I mean they have each other, but is that enough? Anyone ever run into this?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/6141464449/

·
Registered
948 Posts
Looks like a dachshund and a dachshund/beagle to me -- the tri-color looks pretty darn good on a dachshund, though.

These dogs don't require a lot of time or money, and might help with the dating. They will for sure be enough company for each other day-to-day and I bet you can find some quality time on the weekends for 'em.

[edit -- piebald is new to me, thanks kima's mom!]

·
Super Moderator
7,298 Posts
Both dogs look all Dachshund, I see no Beagle there. Just a nice black and tan and a nice black and tan piebald. :)

I think your dogs will be okay provided you are willing to put in the extra effort to keep them happy. Plenty of people here work, go to school and date and manage to have happy well adjusted dogs, hopefully some of them can pop in and give you some advice. :)

·
Registered
511 Posts
They are both adorable! Years ago when I got my first JRT I was working full time and going to school full time but managed to have a puppy too. I probably did not spend as much time with her as I should have but she still turned out to be a sweet, loving, well adjusted dog. If they love you they would prefer to be with you and if you love them you will make it work.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Aw, sorry to hear about your situation, but DustyCrockett touched on a good point- it might help with the dating! I wouldn't suggest using your dogs as a pawn by any means, but letting them get some fresh air while meeting other dog owners may be a good way to find a like-minded female. Good luck to you!

·
Registered
948 Posts
Aw, sorry to hear about your situation, but DustyCrockett touched on a good point- it might help with the dating! I wouldn't suggest using your dogs as a pawn by any means, but letting them get some fresh air while meeting other dog owners may be a good way to find a like-minded female. Good luck to you!
Right, I'd never suggest exploiting your canine companions for any reason. But dogs love to be team players; if they can help you out at all of course they'll be happy to do it. In fact, I'm pretty sure they'll be offended if you don't ask 'em for support!

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
Most people who own dogs also work and have social lives. If you want to own dogs at the same time, you'll find a way to do so! Now, if what you're actually saying in your post is that you don't WANT to find the time to own two dogs, then that's probably something you should tell your ex right now so that the two of you can find a safe place for the Doxies to live.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts