Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you make into a dog medipack??? we go hiking, walking around a few villages and swimming...the only things i can think of is

Benedrly, bandgages and tape...and extra emergency water

what else would you put in a pack????

·
Registered
494 Posts
Pincers for pulling out thorns or bug stingers, cotton swabs, scissors, emergency vet numbers, gauzes, and maybe an extra collar/leash/ID tag.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I asked Mabel and she said:

BACON!

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Let's see, I just packed one last week:

Gloves
Gauze
Bandage wraps
Splints
Peroxide
Band-aids of every shape and size
Medical tape of several types & sizes
Benadryl
Antibiotic cream I got from vet
Regular triple antibiotic cream
Saline
Cotton swabs
Cotton balls
Tweezers
Scissors
Alcohol wipes
Muzzle
Thermometer
Hydrocortisone
Denim and rope for ad-hoc booties
Phone #'s for nearby emergency clinics and vets
Activated charcoal
Eye dropper
Magnifying glass

...and I'm sure I'll add more over the next day or two. It doesn't feel complete yet.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Let's see, I just packed one last week:

Activated charcoal

...and I'm sure I'll add more over the next day or two. It doesn't feel complete yet.
if they ingest something poisoness??? where do you buy it? cause i think i can just buy it at the aquarium shop for cheap.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
I got some from a first aid class I did. They had kits or pieces of kits for sale on hand. Since I had most everything else, I just bought charcoal. So when I need more I will ask the vet where to go. I'm sure there's an online source for it somewhere.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
I get my paks at Petco that have almost everything Harrise listed for about $15 (on sale). I often give them out as prizes at out Obedience and Agility Trials.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
They carry a couple of different brands and they usually have two versions....a basic and a premium. The one I have now is called Medi+Pet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts