Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Article and video of interview with the dogs' owner: http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/news_wtnh_norwich_pitbulls_postalcarrier_200904302305

This makes me sick. From the article:

Tage Wright of Montville was working nearby and came running with his hammer when he heard the postal carrier's screams.

"They were young and very aggressive. They were really going after him, that poor guy. If he would have gone down again...they tore up his neck, thigh and forearm," Tage recounted.

David Holland owns the dogs and says they got loose through the back fence. He says neighbors should have told him they were loose.

Holland: "Why she didn't report it to me or call the police, like they usually do."
Interviewer: "So they call the police on you?"
Holland: "Yeah, they call the police on me all the time."

Holland was laughing and joking looking at the yard smeared with blood. Police say they have been called to the house 28 times and the history extends past today's two dogs. Investigators say their parents were put down after a vicious attack on a Meals on Wheels driver.

Interviewer: "What do you say about the dogs?"
Holland: "They was protecting this house."
Interviewer: "From a mailman?"
Holland: "I came outside and he was hitting them in the head with a chair."

Witness say the postman was across the street at a neighbor's house trying to get the chair between him and the dogs. Police say they have arrested Holland and charged him with the dog attack, but there could be more serious charges pending, including a possible felony because of his history.

Interviewer: "Do you feel bad they got the mailman?"
Holland: "Of course I feel bad, who wouldn't feel bad? It's a grown man, like, if you saw the way he was screaming you would feel bad."
Interviewer: "You are kind of smiling."
Holland: "I'm smiling because you pissing me the f--- off."

The mailman has 22 puncture wounds, broken bones and needs surgery.

At first glance, this looks like another sad incident that will make Pit Bulls look bad as a breed. Looking a little deeper though, the video of the owner sipping a beer while laughing off the attack could be a great educational tool. Who in their right mind could watch this and not decide that the moronic owner was at fault for this?

Some powerful educational videos could be created by showing this guy's interview followed by footage of aggressive pits, then footage of a responsible owner with their well behaved pit by their side.

·
Banned
7,942 Posts
I cannot watch the video (blocked at this location). I did not know the breed of dog and I did not assume pit bulls. Fact is, I thought maybe they might be GSD's.

The point of the owner being a Moron is well taken. He should be jailed for a long time. I think this qualifies as attempted murder or Assault.

Of course, I am saying this w/o legal facts. It just makes me aggravated as heck.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Your right! It's attacks like these that should make people realize it is the owner. If this idiot had Labradors they'd most likely have done the same thing...he obviously should not own dogs.

Ugh.

·
Registered
962 Posts
This can be a good awakening for people that take their little dogs to dog parks. There are many nut cases that own dogs and enjoy seeing there dog tear into other dogs and people as well. Where I live and maybe "Willow" can correct me, but if the mail person feels there dog or dogs are dangerous do not have to deliver the mail and the jerk, can get a PO box. The mail person is not at fault but never should have gone to that address.

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
This guy has had the police called on him 28 times for his dogs! These dogs parents were euth'd for attacking someone else. The man is an idiot- no worse, he's a prick AND an idiot, and he manages to blame his neighbors for his dogs being loose and attacking someone. Why the heck was he still allowed to own dogs!?

Unbelievable.

·
Registered
823 Posts
From what I understood, the mail carrier was not delivering mail to that house. I believe he was at a house across the street. That is very sad. The owner wasn't even taking it seriously at all. People like that are the reason for the bad reputation of pits. Very very sad. I hope the mailman is OK.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
That guy appeared to be the absolute definition of irresponsible. After the dogs' parents were taken for attacking someone, they man should have not been allowed to own dogs again... especially if they were of the same nature of this attack.
This is just disgusting me to no end.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Oh my freakin LORD!!!

I have so many things going through my head that I want to say about that POS... but I will possibly get banned.

All I can say is that HE NEEDS TO BE CHARGED WITH A FELONY AND FORBIDDEN TO OWN DOGS AGAIN!
Another VERY disgusting and sad thing about this is he's the oldest one there around other little POS's that will grow up to be the next generation of STUPID A$$ APBT owners.

Wow... I cannot believe that dogs face BSL and yet... the scum $hits of the world are still allowed to procreate.:mad:
Boy this has really pissed me off and ruined my day.

CAN ANYONE PLEASE FIND OUT... if there is a way to email that city or anyone in contact with the case? That way we can all send mass emails and letters to share our thought and PUSH for that idiot to be BANNED from ever owning animals again?
Nessa

·
Registered
65 Posts
What a loser. Does he realize how stupid he looks? Why the #@$% is he even allowed to keep his own children!!! I don't get it... stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid.
STUPID.
Poor mailman.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
A HELPFUL FRIEND ON ANOTHER FORUM FOUND THIS CONTACT INFO FOR US

The State's Attorney for that district:
Michael L. Regan, State's Attorney
70 Huntington Square New London, CT 06320
(860) 443-2835

No luck on email addresses though.
-----------------------------------------------
Come on all of you dog lovers and APBT lovers and POS Owner HATERS!
Lets see if we can get something going... lets get some mass letters sent. All of us together can do something and GET SOMETHING DONE.
I'm going to see if I can start working on mine.
Any ideas of how to go about it? *I know some of you have done this before* If I do this on my own... I will let my emotions get the best of me and they'll just think I am CRAZY... lets help each other get effective points to put on paper.
Nessa

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
This man needs to go to prison for a long long time. At least until that stupid smile is wiped off his face and the faces of the little punks along side him. I think 20 or so years might do the job. What is funny about an innocent person being mauled by your dogs?
Again, who is really to blame here, the dogs or the man? I think it is obvious. Shameful example of a human being. That poor postal carrier, my thoughts and prayers are with him for a full recovery. I am sure he will have both physical and mental scars to deal with for sometime. Just Shameful! :( :( :(

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I wonder if he had something else IN the Tea...he thought it was a joke as did those 2 little POS's beside him. I hope they charge him with a felony. Unfortunately, as always, the dogs WILL pay the ultimate price. :mad:
That's one of the most disturbing things about this incident to me - the two young children there laughing with him about this. In the same way that he brought up those two dogs to be aggressive and didn't meet his responsibilities to keep them contained and under control, he's doing the same thing to two young HUMANS! God only knows what terrible things they'll do as they grow older with this loser as a role model.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts