Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My gang of five used to get along well. But latley, Pickle has been having problems with Frodo, and Samantha has been having problems with Charlie and Charlie with Berney and Berney with everyone! I have a huge fenced yard for the five to play around in filled with toys. But I'll put Frodo out to go potty and play then I'll put Berney and sometimes Berney decides to try to attack Frodo, and if he doesn't attack Frodo he'll start attacking Pickle or Charlie as soon as I put them out. Now, Frodo and Pickle used to get along great but now when I put them out Pickle followes Frodo around while hystericaly barking, which makes Frodo snap at him.... Then Berney will attack everyone except Samantha, unless he attacks Charlie then Samantha will start attacking Berney. This is the biggest problem because Berney is a mini schnauzer and the rest are mini daschunds, 3 times smaller then Berney. (Berney is a large mini schnauzer) Here are the only combinations that are sure to work with out a problem

Berney and Samantha
Pickle and Charlie
Pickle and Samantha
Samantha and Frodo (Except when Frodo is in a *humping mood* (he's neutered though, any ideas on how to stop this)
Frodo and Charlie (Same as above, unless he wants to hump.)
Pickle almost gets along with anyone, my problem is none of them really get along, it used to be so easy put them out, they play and go to the bathroom and then I get them in. Now I have to watch them, they seem to all get more mean to each other when I am watching, for some reason. They are all spayed or neutered, help please.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
A couple of questions.

• Is it play fighting or aggressive fighting?
  • Do they fight inside as well as outside?
  • Do they fight over things (food, toys, etc.) or does there seem to be a trigger?
I'd probably let them out in small groups that get along until I could get a handle on the problem.

It's a bit concerning that Berney doesn't get along with anyone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts