Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dogs do the funniest things.

A few moments ago, Oliver was lying on the floor a few feet behind me. He passed some gas and it made a funny noise. He jumped up and spun around in a circle. Then he growled and sort of ran around the room. It seemed he was looking for the creature that had snuck in and made the noise. LOL

My dogs do these silly things all the time. I thank God for all the little silly things they do to make me laugh. Oliver may be poorly bred, strange looking and have issues but he is the funniest dog. I love him. :)

Tell us all about the silly things that your dogs do that make you laugh.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
That's hilarious!

Are puppies supposed to not know what their tales are?? Yesterday Bella(10 week old mastiff/boxer) was staring at her tail and just started freaking out and tried to run away from it, then was tackling it and chewing on it and barking at it...it was quite odd....

My other dog...is silly crazy. I left a plate of food on the coffee table, it's a really low table like knee height, and then bella had to go potty so I walked outside with her...and 5 minutes later remember the food! I run inside with Bella and the other dog is just sitting there looking at me funny, all the food is still on the plate. Then..she looks at me, and runs up to the plate and starts wolfing it down!!! I was like...HEY!!!! Maybe she thought I gave her permission with me eyes?? *facepalm*

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
heeheeheee!! My Bella does the same thing. She'll let out a really loud toot from her rear - ok...she farted...let's get it out there (LOL)! and it scares her when she's half asleep (when she's completely asleep I'm the only one who can enjoy it :rolleyes: ) then she jumps up and looks at her butt and then at me like "what did you do!?" However, it's even funnier when I scare her with one! Bwaahahahahaha!!!! :D

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Libby will be sound asleep on the couch, dreaming. Sometimes when she dreams she lets out little woofs, but sometimes she will do a full-out bark.

When this happens, it usually scares her out of her dream, and then she jumps off the couch and runs to the window, growling, trying to scare off the intruding dog :eek:

·
Registered
350 Posts
My family's dog, Emma does the same thing! She let one go, and then bolt from the room. Its almost as if the gas propelled her from her resting spot. It is SO funny. I do have to wonder, what is the difference between an SBD (silent but deadly) toot and the a loud one? Don't they feel the same when they let them rip?

Stella chases her tail often. She'll get a hold of it and start doing somersaults! That always cracks me up.:)

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
LOL these are crazy!

Wally does this thing when it's hot and he's on the kitchen floor (it's tile so it's cool), he will flatten himself as much as he can and not move. He looks like one of those bear rugs he's so flat and still.

Only thing that moves is his eyes - sometimes.

He hates heat and hates being hot. I gave him some water out of a thermos once and he was like WTF is that thing. Then when he saw (smelled?) the water coming out and it was for him, he was like sweet!

Then later - I got the thermos out again and he keep sticking his nose in the way of the hole like he was saying "HEY HEY HEY NOW! THAT'S MY WATER!" every time I tried to drink.

He was fixated on the thing. It was freaky.

The only other funny thing is if I "trick" him when throwing his bone across the room. He goes over, jumps on my bed and gets it and brings it back, but if I hold it up he goes over to the bed and looks for it. Then he jumps down and look on the floor. Then back on the bed. Then the floor. He was like WHERE IS IT!!! Sniffing hard, spinning around, scratching on his bed, sniffing under the sheets.

Then when I throw it over there he's like WHOA! Where'd you come from? Then he gets it and brings it back like normal and wants to do it all again. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,474 Posts
iorek just did the cutest/silliest thing! we have sliding glass doors that go out to the backyard and there are always frogs out there at night. this evening iorek all of a sudden got really excited and started doing the windmill tail thing FOR A FROG! :D too cute!! i should preface this by saying that iorek hardly ever wags his tail, so this was extra cute. i got the flashlight and the little froggy was so cute, really tiny, about 2 inches, and iorek could see it out there in the dark :) too silly!

iorek doesn't have gas so i don't know what he would do if he ever farted :p all your dogs are so silly!!

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
When this happens, it usually scares her out of her dream, and then she jumps off the couch and runs to the window, growling, trying to scare off the intruding dog
hahahaha!!! awesome!

all your dogs are so silly!!
Says the person whos dog loves frogs!!!! :D

·
Registered
637 Posts
the funniest thing the shepherd does, si when you throw her her toy to fetch she'll run after it, then pick up her back leg and hop with it back to me. I'm just like...i can't throw that, it's attached to you.

my jack russell is hilarious and will often sit in the front yard snarling at nothing for hours on end and when another dog approaches he sounds like the devil until they leave.....

my BcXkelpie will often go for walks on the leash through town and he grins/smiles constantly the whole time, teeth showing tail wagging, people often mistake it for a snarl...he's just so happy

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
. I do have to wonder, what is the difference between an SBD (silent but deadly) toot and the a loud one? Don't they feel the same when they let them rip?

:)
LOL Who knows. I do know that some dogs are smart enough to know when they let one of those nasty "peels the paint off the walls" gas bombs. My one dog used to do it and then abruptly get up and leave the room. Then all of a sudden the people in the room were like...:eek: :eek: :eek: LOL She didn't want to hang around and make herself sick. LOL

·
Registered
350 Posts
LOL Who knows. I do know that some dogs are smart enough to know when they let one of those nasty "peels the paint off the walls" gas bombs. My one dog used to do it and then abruptly get up and leave the room. Then all of a sudden the people in the room were like...:eek: :eek: :eek: LOL She didn't want to hang around and make herself sick. LOL
My parents dog did that. She was sitting on my lap and let an SBD out. She immediately got up and ran out of the room. Within a minute, everyone in the room was saying "EMMA! gross!" It was disgusting, but we just had to laugh. Dogs really do the silliest things. Ha ha.

·
Registered
14 Posts
When we take the dogs out for a walk on a warm or hot day, when we get back, we give them a bowl of fresh water but instead of drinking it, Minnie will first stick one front paw right in it, all the way to her elbough (she's a chihuahua so it doesn't take a very deep bowl) and take it out. Wait a second. Then stick the second front paw in it. Then she'll just start splashing it around!

Maybe we should give her a kiddie pool instead of a bowl of water...

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
When Dakota has gas it freaks her out so bad lol. She's be standing calmly when it happens and then suddenly jump 10 feet in the hair and look around as if someone had touched her with a hot poker or something. She can't comprehend why her body would do that to her :p

There was also one instance where the leash got under one of her hind legs while were walking. As with most dogs, this happens from time to time and it's really no big deal. For some reason though, she totally flipped on this day and started spinning SO fast trying to get the leash uncaught. It was like a little Dakota tornado. I had to grab her and try not to laugh too hard while fixing the problem.

There's also been the occasional instance where she's completely missed the target she was jumping for. Her eyesight is great, but graceful she is not lol. Just the other day she went to jump up on the couch (from the side, where the armrests are) totally misjudged it, slammed into the side of the couch and gave us that "Whoops, I'm so embarrassed" (Yep, I'm anthropomorphizing ;)) look. It wouldn't be funny if she got hurt of course...but it was kind of one of those situations similar to when a person makes such a clumsy mistake. You can't help but laugh a little.

She's a funny little girl.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There's also been the occasional instance where she's completely missed the target she was jumping for. Her eyesight is great, but graceful she is not lol. Just the other day she went to jump up on the couch (from the side, where the armrests are) totally misjudged it, slammed into the side of the couch and gave us that "Whoops, I'm so embarrassed" (Yep, I'm anthropomorphizing ;)) look. It wouldn't be funny if she got hurt of course...but it was kind of one of those situations similar to when a person makes such a clumsy mistake. You can't help but laugh a little.

She's a funny little girl.
LOL I know just how that looks. Once when I was up by the falls with Inga, we were climbing the rocks and walking in the woods and such. The rocks are huge and we had to help each other up on occasion. On one rock, I got a boost from a friend and then was going to have him help Inga up. Inga tried jumping it on her own and then slid down on her belly in slow motion. I was at the top looking down at her and too far away to help. I could just see the "Oh crud!" look on her face. It was so funny but sad at the same time. She had road rash all over her little tummy. :( It did not slow her down much but she did except a little help from my friend after that. ha ha

·
Registered
643 Posts
I love it! My last dog used to run from her farts! I forgot about it until now. Thanks guys, that brought back fond? memories. Both of my boys wag their tails in circles if you say certain things in a certain way. Like when my husband's about to wrestle, he'll say "Cerbie, I'm gonna get you" slowly, and Cerb's tail starts, and then he slowly growls back. It cracks me up.

Cerbie will also sit directly in front of me when bored, and slowly try to make his ears stand erect. He can get them almost level with the top of his head before they flop back down. But it cracks me up every time. I've also noticed he does this more when I've had a bad day.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Another goofy dog thing... At least in my house. My dogs are rather rude about their size. I don't think they mean to be, they just have no idea. Carsten has been sleeping under my computer desk since he was 8 weeks old. He has grown tons since then but still stuffs his over sized self under there. It kind of drives me nuts, but I love him so I just put my feet on his head or his side and allow this behavior. It isn't too much of an issue until he suddenly hears something outside and goes barreling out of there to investigate the noise. I have on occasions flew completely off of my chair, but more often then not, I just spin around in a circle and end up back where I was. Sometimes I think...It is lucky I love them, I am not sure anyone else would. LOL

·
Registered
291 Posts
i don't know how i ever lived without dogs for the first 20 years of my life!...
Oh i love all the goofy things Maybe does!....and Mozart(my sisters dog)

One day she tried to chase an airplane. we are pretty close to an airport so it was relatively low....she heard it. stopped suddenly. figured out what was making the noise and started jumping at it.

Every so often when playing with Mozart she'll make this noise that sounds EXACTLY like a Wookie (for all you star wars fans out there :p )

and When i tell her to stop playing so rough with mozart (my mom doesn't like it when they start growling and all that.) She talks back at me like only huskies can as if she is saying "BUT HE STARTED IT!!!"

Mozart is little goof ball too. I'll start plaing tug-o-war with maybe and while she is busy playing with me. he'll start jumping at her and attacking her legs.

And the two of them LOVE running full speed and chasing eachother round and round and round the couch as if it's some kind of race track.

--- I can't wait to bring Jagger Home in September! :) adding a third goof ball to the pack!

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
Wally did another silly thing today.

He was waving his front paws around while sleep. I have no idea what he thought he was doing or pawing, but he just kept at it. Then he turn flopped on the other side and started rubbing his whole body on his bed. Then he got up and "dug" in the bed.

After a few moments of stillness, he started growling and groaning and barking with a closed mouth.

He got up, "dug" the bed again, flopped down, sighed REALLY loud and then was snoring about 10 minutes later.

Wally does something like this when he's running.

He CHARGES at me when I tell him to come from a long distance. It's like he's like "YEAH, I'll come alright!" And has this silly expression on his face while he runs as fast as he can.

Then when I put my hand down so he can target it, he'll slam his nose into it and kinda "deflect" of it. :eek: Then he'll come back and sit where it was...

And if I pat my legs for him to jump up, I'm just glad he's not a heavier dog. He SLAMS on to me and when he misses, he goes flying past me. He gets up and sits next to me like he's all "I meant to do that. Let's do it again! GOGOGOGOGOGOGO!"

Practicing drop on recall is pointless at this point. I did it again today and he just stop and tilted his head and looked at me like, "what did you just say? Why on earth did you say that?" Of course 1/3 of the time, he'll lie down, after he gets to me, and the other 1/3 of the time he's just running too fast to even listen to what I'm saying. :eek:

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Uh, for some reason, Jack responds to the name Abby. And quite excitedly. We found this out because I was watching ER reruns tonight and I said "Abby can sound so annoying. ABBY!! ABBBBBBY!" and he jumped up and ran over. My boyfriend and I have been testing it all night. Leave the room, yell "Abby!" and he comes running, ears perked up and excited. Just now I calmly said "Abby?" and Jack came flying up the stairs. Apparently he's having gender issues?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts