Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, my 2 pups stay in the laundry room when I go somewhere. Which isn't very often. I work from home so I am always home. But if by chance I do get out the house, I put them in the laundry room. When I come home there is a new hole in my wall. I know they are upset cause I am leaving them. I don't want them to be put in a crate. Is there another option. I am running out of wall in the laundry room. Help?

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
I don't want them to be put in a crate. Is there another option. I am running out of wall in the laundry room. Help?
If it were me, I'd buy crates and crate them when I'm gone. IMO, it's the safest route.

The reason I like crates is that they protect the puppy from themselves essentially when no one is around. They keep them from getting into trouble AND it keeps them from getting into things that are harmful and potentially lethal.

Just my 2 cents. :)

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
A crate is a great idea. Or you could exercise them really well before you go out so they sleep instead of get bored.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
I had a Sheltie that ate a hole in my laundry room wall and he wasn't even a chewer....turned out, I had mice running up the pipes in that wall space.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Maybe lean a couple of toddler gates against the exposed walls?

You can buy stuff called Raplast that is a chew deterrent for horses, and it works for dogs as well. It "might" stain the walls, but if all else fails, paint is a cheap fix, whereas drywall isn't.

You can buy it thru Jeffers supply (online).

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
if like you say you are not gone very often then I would crate.....with a fun frozen kong...keeps them happy and safe..keeps your home intact :)

Is there a specific reason you don't want to crate?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Your dog isn't upset that you are gone, your dogs are bored and being destructive alleviates that, and there's no one around to correct them.

Being left in a laundry room is potentially dangerous. If there is an electrical panel, they could get into that, if there are chemicals they can get into that. The safest way to keep them is in a crate. If not, you could try an expen or two snapped together (like a play yard) so they can be together.

I wouldn't leave two young dogs to tag team and get into trouble together. A crate is safest for them, and your house.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Boyfriends may be cheaper, but it's his house so... And as of dangerous materials in my laundry room, there is nothing in there that they can get into. They aren't bored, cause I leave them plenty of things to keep them busy. Such as rawhides, chew toys, and lots of other toys. Plus their blanket.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts