Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got home yesterday after having yet another yelling match with yet another vendor at work. I was in the mood to vent and Zero happened to be available. So, I started bitching and whining at him about the horrible customer service I had just received. He listed to me complain for about a minute and a half and then determined that he had not heard "walk, leash, food, tennis ball, food, car ride or food" so he turned and walked off in the middle of my rant. I had to laugh at him. At least dogs are honest. Most people will sit there and listen just to be polite, but dogs don't even bother if it's not interesting to them.

·
Banned
749 Posts
I think if I had done that with lola she would not have walked off. Not because she cares to listen but she would want to hear cue words such as EAT or Wanna go out?. She waits the longest times at times. Yesterday I put out her food and was doing some other stuff as I forgot to tell her to eat. About 5 minutes later I notice she is still waiting for me to say eat before she actually will. I can actually talk to her for a while and if she does not hear the word eat said by itself she will just sit there tilting her head and moving her ears as I am talking about different things.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a great listener... provided there is ear rubbing along with any rants!:p

In fact, this little bugger knows ALL my secrets! Thank God for dogs - I can't tell you how many times I fill him in on my day and get a nice, big wet kiss afterwards.

They really are our "best friends"!

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
My dog is a great listener...for about 20 seconds max. He apparently believes I frequently forget how to say "BALL". I get a few brief moments into any rant, and he deftly connects the dots and fills in what I really meant to say. He bounds off and comes back with a ball, a retrieving dummy, or a work boot for me to throw for him. I don't know what I'd do without him.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Clearly you need to train him to pour you a beer and sigh as you tell your tale.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts