Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:wave:

My name is Traci. I've had dogs in my life ever since I was born. I feel a very special connection to them, and they ALL seem to recognize and respond favorably to me.

Currently I have 3 dogs.

First is Cheezie. He is a bad-tempered 12 year old 2 pound teacup chihuahua. He fears nothing but bees and blanket-washing day. He & my husband are best friends and soulmates (this is according to my husband; a tough-as-nails 30 year cop). :flypig:

Next is Mollie. She's a 2 year old mixed breed given to me at 6 weeks old for Mother's Day. We hit the jackpot when she entered our lives! She loves everyone, comfortable & happy making the rounds of laps available to nap on. She possesses an enjoyment of life that is inspirational. I sense rat terrier in her; she has the look, weighs about 9 lbs. & she's a natural hunter who keeps moles, rabbits, and squirrels living in fear. :rockon:

Then there's Dora. Darling Dora, Dancing Dora, Dumb Dora, Dora Dawg... she answers to them all. She's a rescue we took in about 6 months ago. The cruelty and neglect she suffered her first four years are unspeakable. She came to us a terrified 4 pound mini-pin, starving for both food and affection. She has blossomed with us; gained 2 pounds and the self-confidence to even approach strangers, wagging her little nub tail and stretching out her neck for a friendly pat.

I would be remiss if I didn't tell you about my Rosie. She's the only dog I ever bought from a breeder. I scrimped and saved forever to come up with the $500 I needed to get a teacup chihuahua of my very own. Four weeks after the litter was born the breeder called and offered me a discount of $200 if I would take the runt. The mother had rejected it. Of course I immediately fetched my tiny baby and fed her carefully and often and she grew bigger and bigger and longer and bigger still, until one day I realized she was MUCH more daschund than teacup chihuahua. :doh: However, I loved and cherished her and I was blessed to share 16 years with her. She died from cancer on 09/29/14. We all miss her very much.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Welcome TraciLeigh, I'm very new here too, just joined after adopting a street dog from a highway rest stop :D There are so many knowledgeable friendly dog people here, I'm sure you'll have fun! My condolences on the loss of your dear Rosie, she sounds like she was very lucky to have found her way to you (and vice versa!).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts