Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live on a farm and have two dogs that are inside/outside. Terrence is a male terrier mix and will bark at anything, including the wind. Nina is a female German Shepherd and will only bark at people. I know someone is in the yard when I hear Nina bark but hearing Terrence is a normal occurrence.
The problem I am having is they are very aggressive towards any visitor that doesn't come over weekly. The terrior bites ankles of delivery drivers and most have been understanding so far but im afraid something bad will happen. The German shepherd will bark and growl but thankfully she hasn't attacked anyone. Most delivery drivers will toss a package out the window if Nina is around. Even my father visits occasionally and although it's twice a month they will not let him on the porch. I love that they protect myself and my family but I need to teach them the difference between a visitor and a threat.

I'm open to any suggestions that may help.

Thank you for reading.

·
Registered
622 Posts
It seems to me you're looking at a lawsuit waiting to happen, and expecting your dogs to check credentials isn't reasonable. I'd change my fencing so the dogs can't get to delivery people or visitors. Or set up a lockbox outside your fence for deliveries and lock gates and make people call you to come let them in. Big no trespassing signs to that effect.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts