Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,689 Posts
Dogos aren't an especially common breed, but a lot of people assume that any large-ish bully that's all or mostly white is a Dogo, even though the color exists in other bully breeds too. I would guess an American Bulldog mix is more likely unless you know for a fact that there's a large Dogo population around where your pup was rescued from.

Pictures may help, when you can put them up! It can be tricky to tell before a pup's full-grown though. Some of the DNA tests are quite accurate these days, which will probably as close to an answer as you'll be able to get.

·
Super Moderator
3,689 Posts
Check out white Scott American Bulldogs on google - I'd say it's more likely your pup is one of those, or a mix, than a Dogo. If he has any Dogo in there, I'd bet he's not pure. Most US Dogos are still cropped, I believe, which would happen before they leave the breeder typically. His structure looks pretty in-line with American Bulldog, too!

Again, only a DNA test would give you more insight, and they're still not going to be 100%.

·
Super Moderator
3,689 Posts
He is incredibly handsome! Do you know what test she used? Wisdom panel and Embark are the two most reliable I know of, with Embark being my favorite because they also test for a whole slew of potential genetic disorders, but they're pricey. Many of the other ones are still pretty unreliable, or simply don't have many rarer breeds in their database yet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.