Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

recently i've been thinking of buying a new puppy. Because of this i spent nearly 3 (4?) weeks reading books and reading articles/techniques on puppies.

One notable purchase I've made was the book "BEFORE You Get Your Puppy" by Ian Dunbar (thanks to this site :) ) and he often talks about long term and short term confinement. I'm going to buy a dog crate for the short term confinement times but for the long term confinement Ian Dunbar seems like he uses some enclosure. Iwas wondering where I can obtain this type of enclosure and the price doesn't bother me... (I want this dog to be well mannered and trained before he's an proper adult so money isn't going to be a problem). This is the type of enclosure i'm talking about:

thank you for your time :eek:

·
Registered
691 Posts
Looks like a typical x-pen to me. I bought mine at Petsmart for $60. I put Chloe's crate in there, and some toys and bully sticks. She stays there during the day while I work, and it is in our finished basement. I also put a quilt down under it just so she wouldn't scratch up the carpet. It has worked great! She has never tried to jump it or get out.

·
Banned
1,053 Posts
It's called a dog pen or puppy pen. You can get them at any pet store. They come different heights and sizes and can be used to fence off an area (like a gate) or to make an enclosure (like the picture).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts