Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I took a vacation day today with the intent to take the dogs on a long hike since we haven't gone in quite a long time. Due to an unforeseeable accident involving my foot on Saturday, we knocked the hike down to 4-5 miles instead of something more substantial, but threw in fishing as well with the dogs tethered on long lines so they could do some limited exploring (okay the fishing was mostly for me).

Regardless it was nice to get out in the woods, and a beautiful day to do it. I snapped a few pics along the way that I wanted to share!

All ready to go...backpacks, dogs' medical record binders to leave in my car, and leashes:

At the trail head...I think it's obvious which of the three of us was slacking off today (note the backpacks).
They were watching a bird skip across the grass...interpret their expressions as you see fit lol:

*sniffsniffsniffsniffsniff*
(ummm no guys you are not pulling me through the woods, sorry)

Okay so maybe giving them baths on Friday was poor timing:

*more*

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tracking deer:

Kim hanging out while I fished (unsuccessfully):

Webster would rather have continued up the trail:

*more*

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Webster jumped up on this log to follow a smell, so of course Kim had to follow. So of course I had to tell them to stay there so I could take a pic ;)

And finally, this is a new favorite pic of Web :)

That's all folks ~ thanks for looking!

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Great trip Shaina. I love the idea of carrying a medical record binder, might steal that ;)
I'm sorry your fishing was unsucessful better luck next time.
Doing baths again now? LOL

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Wow Shaina, what a wonderful way to spend the day! Looks like the kids had a great time.

Sorry you didn't have better luck fishing. Next time. :D

I love the picture of the 2 of them on the log. That one needs a frame.

Love the last one of Web too. :)

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great trip Shaina. I love the idea of carrying a medical record binder, might steal that ;)
I'm sorry your fishing was unsucessful better luck next time.
Doing baths again now? LOL
Thanks :) And no on the baths...just ran them through grass when we got back to the car then wiped paws. They didn't go in the lake so they aren't *too* bad lol.

Wow Shaina, what a wonderful way to spend the day! Looks like the kids had a great time.

Sorry you didn't have better luck fishing. Next time.

I love the picture of the 2 of them on the log. That one needs a frame.

Love the last one of Web too. :)
Thanks Reno :) I wish the lighting turned out better on both those pics...unfortunately I think I've maxed out the capabilities of my camera and high contrast areas are just really difficult for it to handle.

Still working on getting that new one...*crosses fingers*

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Ohh The colors are so vibrant! Kim and Web looked like they had a blast!! I wish you would have had better luck fishing! But I bet you had a relaxing day..

Is this place far from you? I think i would find myself there everyday..Looks very tranquil.

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ohh The colors are so vibrant! Kim and Web looked like they had a blast!! I wish you would have had better luck fishing! But I bet you had a relaxing day..

Is this place far from you? I think i would find myself there everyday..Looks very tranquil.
It's actually not too far...I just found out about it a month or so ago but it's been SO rainy here that we didn't have a chance to go because they actually closed the trails. I have a feeling we will be visiting again...and soon :)

Wow, what a gorgeous place for a walk. Looks like you all had a fabulous time!
We really did :) thanks!

·
Registered
926 Posts
Great pictures - are those with the new camera? I agree with walking in the woods this time of year. No mosquitos!

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Great pics. What a beautiful day. Kim and Webster are such a good looking pair of dogs.

Someone once explained to me that there's a big difference between fishing and catching. You can have a great day fishing, but not catch anything. Or, as he said, "The fishing was great but the catching was lousy." lol

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great pictures - are those with the new camera? I agree with walking in the woods this time of year. No mosquitos!
No new camera yet (working on that)...these are all with my darling point&shoot lol. But thanks :)

And yes late spring makes for fantastic hiking...when it's dry enough :)

I'm just curious as to why the smaller of the two dogs is carrying the stuff. LoL.
Because the bigger dog doesn't have a backpack yet lol. I ordered Webster's on clearance once I decided that was the pack I really liked, but they were out of Kim's size. I decided to wait to make sure I liked the first one before ordering Kim one elsewhere for full price...then we moved and I started a new job and everything went haywire lol.

And to be fair the kid's only carrying empty ziploc bags and a few treats in plastic bags to help balance the load...basically the weight of the pack + about 4 ounces. He's mostly just carrying it to get him used to it again.

Great pics. What a beautiful day. Kim and Webster are such a good looking pair of dogs.

Someone once explained to me that there's a big difference between fishing and catching. You can have a great day fishing, but not catch anything. Or, as he said, "The fishing was great but the catching was lousy." lol
Thanks Rowdy :)

And yes that is exactly right about the fishing lol. To be honest I didn't really expect to catch anything...the access points from the trail to the lake weren't great spots, and it was really cold that morning. I still enjoyed the fishing part though, lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts