Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed a few times on my pit bull these bumps that really look like pimples. They look like whiteheads and shes had one right under her nose and I noticed one on the inside of her hind leg tonight and found a few more smaller ones between her nipples (She was adopted and her teats have not and may not ever fully go back up, so there's a flap of skin on either side and in between them is where I found the "pimples"). Do dogs get pimples just like humans? Could it just be dirtier here and cause actual pimples? I know that the skin there tends to rub together and she always has somewhat of a rash... The vet told me to use baby powder to make her more comfortable when it becomes irritated. Does anyone have a similar problem with either the pimples or chafing?

EDIT: She also has very little to no hair in this area.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Dogs can get acne, yes. It's generally harmless, unless the zits get infected. Just keep the area clean.

Keep an eye on them all the same -- if the bumps grow or change appearance, you'll want to talk to your vet about it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a similar issue with the rash on my American Pit. She gets it mostly on her underside between her hind legs, although I have seen it spread up her chest a couple of times. My vet. told me that bully breeds, at least the purebreds, have a proclivity to develop dermatological issues. My dogs are especially noticeable when the temperature rises.

In response to this, I am very careful about the food I feed her, the shampoo I use to bathe her, & when it is hot out, she either stays inside where it is cool or we go swimming. And, believe it or not, swimming is NOT one of her favorite activities! Hmmmppphh, what can you do!?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts