Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a pitbull movie against BSL for my creative writing class and it looks great. I need a shelter interview and some clips of dogs, so I went to PetSmart on an adoption day.

Oh my gosh.

I saw the cutest (besides my own doggies) pit bull there. She was so sweet, a big 65+ pounds of gushy-ness. My heart tore out for her and apparently she had been in there for awhile. Unfortunately having 4 dogs means a big no to another one of course.

Mental Note: Never go to an adoption day or a shelter unless you're looking for a dog :)

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
I learned the same thing last month. I was at PetSmart looking to buy a crate for Trent (who had yet to come home), without realizing it was adoption day. I met the sweetest dog ever there, a beautiful brindle pit bull mix who attacked me with licks and wiggled her butt nonstop. I could not believe someone would give a dog like that up, but after that, I avoided adoption events.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
It's very sad how many loving dogs, especially loving pitties are given up. I've talked to a few who gave their pitties up....some said they just couldn't deal with the dirty looks and the snarky comments..but I didn't understand why they would just give up on the dog because they couldn't take some comments, did they not know that when they got one?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts