Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
You might also want to consider removing the magnet on the door if yours has one. My pups didn't like the resistance. As soon as we "loosened" it up by removing the magnetic hold, they shot right through it and haven't stopped since. I'm letting them get accustomed to that (and grow a little bit) before I gradually put them back on (there are 3 magnets).

·
Registered
27 Posts
That's a great idea! Kuddos to you for your ingenuity and patience. I'm sure your dogs will grow to love having a doggie door and not think twice about going through it.

I put all of the magnets back on our doors the other day. My dogs only weigh 5 and 7 pounds. The 7 pounder is very skittish and will sometimes use her paw to break the magnetic hold on the door before pushing through. Other times, when she's in a serious game of chase, she flies through it nose first without missing a beat. Since the door goes through a wall, it's an 8" deep tunnel with flaps on either end. I was afraid the tunnel would scare them, but it's turned into just another hiding place. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts