Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was so heartbroken when Chloe, my labradoodle, the epitome of health, died suddenly 1 week ago, in bed, from possibly an aneurysm. I couldn't stand her loss, or the quiet home. Instead of totally sinking into depression, I adopted a sweet labradoodle, Bella. And hence my need for this site. She's very good, calm...but has some fears of dogs barking behind fences and homes...So, I hope I find some good pointers.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Im sorry for your loss. :( I would make the other dogs a positive experience, im not sure how but that is what came to me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. she has her vet checkup today, and we'll discuss. I also want her to start playschool, but needs to be spayed very soon. so that will delay playschool.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I was so heartbroken when Chloe, my labradoodle, the epitome of health, died suddenly 1 week ago, in bed, from possibly an aneurysm. I couldn't stand her loss, or the quiet home. Instead of totally sinking into depression, I adopted a sweet labradoodle, Bella. And hence my need for this site. She's very good, calm...but has some fears of dogs barking behind fences and homes...So, I hope I find some good pointers.
I think I only lasted about a week or ten days, too. It just felt so wrong *not* to give a home to another dog.

Sorry to hear about Chloe's passing. Now she will watch over you from above.

And little Bella, WELCOME to the big, beautiful story.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Everyone needs a different period of time to grieve, and no amount of time is right or wrong.

Congratulations on your new addition, I am sure Bella won't replace Chloe, but will help fill the hole in your life and keep you active and motivated through such a difficult time. I'm sure you'll find plenty of great advice on the forum and I look forward to seeing some photos of Bella (and Chloe, if you would like to share her with us :)).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for your responses. I will put a photo of my heart, Chloe, and my new,soon to be best friend, Bella, later today. easier to do on my laptop vs phone. so, stay tuned!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts