Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Over the past 2 years my dog develops diarrhea in the spring. I have changed her food two times, visited emergency vets and done bland diets. Could my dog have some kind of allergy????? Help

Erick

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Absolutely. Dogs can be allergic to anything, just like people, including pollen. What is she eating? Is she ever unattended outside (she could be getting into bird eggs or eating baby bunnies, etc.)? Does she have any other symptoms?

·
Registered
510 Posts
They sure can. What kind of foods have you tried? I'm currently going through a similar thing with one of my boys. We are going to try a food trial to see how that goes. If it does not produce results, I plan to have him allergy tested for environmental allergens. That might be a thought for yours as well if you think it is a seasonal environmental issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks for replying. I have been feeding her "Pet Guard Life Span" kibble. This has no preservatives, filler or colorings. It is a rice and chicken diet and has been fine until spring. I guess I will have to look at an allergist for her. Feeding her rice, chicken, green beans, and pumpkin puree .....this will bankrupt me. She eats better then I do.....crazy right

1 - 4 of 4 Posts