Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm new to the forums. I am currently going to school to be a vetrinarian and hope I can help out around the forums. Keeping pets healthy is a passion and always has been. I can remember back when I was just a wee tyke and our family dog (a samoyde) was a senior dog, when something like limited mobility is effecting your dog, it is almost like a family member has the problem and is so painful to see. If I can help just one person or dog here it will be well worth my time!

Seems like a great community and I hope you are all ready to see a lot more of me here ate dogforums.com :wave:

·
Registered
39 Posts
I felt I had to respond as I too have a Cairn Terrier (or Terror). She is now 6 1/2 months old and her name is Layla. What a handful she is but lovable. I absolutely love the temperment and personality as it continually emerges. She loves to be the center of attention and can get very upset if she is not. She talks all the time (not a bark) just a way of letting her feeling be known. I think it's a wonderful profession to go into - I know I couldn't do it as I am a softie and could not stand to see animals in pain or dying (even though I know it happens) Good luck with your endeavors and hope you enjoy this forum. I also belong to a Cairn Talk forum that is strickly on Cairns as I needed to know lots of things before I brought her home. They have tons of advice on just about everything.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Let me tell you.. our oldest was the biggest handful out of all three. He always acted very independent and liked to think he was a big dog trapped in a small dog's body. He was always lovable, friendly, and pretty responsive when you really needed him to be, BUT it always seemed like he had OCD =D, once he hit 5 years old he because just a perfect. No more staring out the window on his hind legs barking at the leaf blowing past! lol

Thanks for the warm welcome. I really do love Cairns too. You sure hit the anil on the head by saying their temperament and personality continually emerge. It's amazing how much of a personality they have!

Your Avatar reminds me how they are the cutest puppies in the world! It is SOOOO fun watching them try to explore things like stairways when they are that age. :photo:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.