Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Don't think I'm nuts! Lol. It's only June, and my dog's birthdays are in December and January. But I was bored today and thinking about how fun it would be to make a birthday cake for them (plus they don't get out much during the winter, so I look for fun things to do inside).

Is there a good recipe I could make for them? I don't mind if it's a little involved (well not too much, I'm just an amature), but I don't mind mixing, baking, frosting, etc. I love to bake!

Maybe something involving peanut butter, meats, cheese.....?

Or, I could just make a regular white cake and put some peanut butter icing on it (probably with less sugar in the icing) and some dog treats on it for decoration.

Yay I'm so excited!! Maybe I'll invite over the neighbor dog and make a party out of it!! :p:D:p:D

·
Registered
207 Posts
Did someone say puppy cake! Here's a puppy cake I made for my daughters bday...

But to really answer your question, there was a recipe here somewhere for pumpkin/peanut butter treats. I bet you could make a layer cake out of them with some sort of peanut buttery "frosting".

·
Super Moderator
7,350 Posts
I make Kuma a birthday cake every year, but I'm lazy, I use a cake mix I pick up at a local specialty pet supply store. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts