Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 3 year old chocolate lab mix. I used to live in a condo and our daily routine would be wake up at 4 am, walk until she did her business. This repeated around 4 when i returned from work. I moved into a house last October (2020) and this routine continued. 2 weeks ago, my small yard finally was fenced in. She will pee in the yard, but has yet to poop there. I have put her leash on her and walked the yard, but have yet to have any success doing that. As soon as we go for a walk afterwards, she goes. I have tried putting some of her droppings in the yard as well as droppings from a dog she plays with often, and that has yet to work.
Any suggestions? I knew i would run into this issue.
Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
3,356 Posts
Try playing fetch or another sort of faster paced, physically stimulating game with her in the yard. This often gets the digestion moving. Make sure to praise and reward when she goes!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have tried to get her active, placing some of her scat in my yard, taken some of weeds, grass clipping, leaves from where she actually do go. None have worked. I am trying a spray that the pet store suggested that is used to make dogs urinate in the yard. Does that sound like something that may work? I am also considering inviting a friend and her dog to my house and have them play in the yard to see if that motivates her.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts