Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

Dog with Toe growth

8K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  rcantor 
Hi All,

Anything I can do to "heal" the growth, shrink it or help it to stop bleeding without removing the toe and doing surgery?
Did you ask your vet this question? I'm sure if there was an alternative he/she would have suggested it. One of our dogs had to have his toe amputated and lived a normal life after - running and playing. Losing the toe was far better then being uncomfortable.

You could always get a second opinion from another vet. Hope your pooch feels better.

What kind of growth is it? Has the vet ruled out anything serious?

If so, you could always try the cortisone cream first - although the cortisone cream would be a short term solution? If your dog is only 7, this is something he would have to continue taking the rest of his life - I also don't think you can take cortisone cream for that long. Surgery may still be your best long term solution.

Depending on your relationship with your vet, if you like/him her, I would get another opinion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.