Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Emric, a 1.5 yr old rescued German Shepherd/Hound Mix, male, neutered, has had chronic diarrhea for about 4 months now.

This all started a few months after he had an Exploratory Surgery, because he ate a few squeaker toys. Our vet, thinks it's IBD. We have not done a bioposy, I'm trying to fix the problem. He is happy, healthy, eating great, playing, etc. I don't feel the need to do surgery yet. He is on Tylan powder, but will be coming off of it in a few days, we are just seeing if this clears up his diarrhea(this has been his only symptom for months now).

Long story short, I am frustrated trying to find a food that helps his diarrhea, to see if a certain type of food can solve it. We have tried Taste of the Wild, Salmon, that was a no-go. We have tried Hund-n-flocken Lamb, no-go. Blue Buffalo, Nature's Recipe, Wellness simple solutions, lamb and rice..no go. I'm not sure what else to try. Right not, he's on a bland diet for a few weeks, boiled ground turkey, and white rice.

I'm looking at Natural Balance L.I.D. Limited Ingredients Diets Sweet Potato & Venison Dry Dog Food..any advice? I think I read somewhere that recently is has been recalled, and I correct?

I am also looking at California Natural Grain Free Venison Meal Formula Dry Dog Food, but have heard it was recently recalled, correct?

Emric is also on Berte's Natural, Zyme Capsules, Berte's Natural Digestice Support, and Probiotic.

Any recommendations would be very apprecciated.

Emily and Emric

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had no luck with Raw for my rescue boxer first diagnosed at 6 month old & now 3 years & all that he seems to process is Kangaroo kibble mixed with Kangaroo Canned from Cheweys.com .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts