Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have an 18 week old schnoodle favoring the schnauzer side. He now weighs 7.6 pounds. How big do you think he will be full grown? He seems to have a small bone structure- not stocky. Anyone else have an 18 week old miniature pup and how much do they weigh?

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Usually if you double their weight at 4 months that's where they end up. I have a small mixed breed (who could be a Schnoodle). He was 8 pounds at 4 months old and is now 15, so that was pretty accurate for him.

I'd guess he'll end up 12-14 pounds.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Generally with crossbreds, looking at their parents give you the best idea of their adult size.

What variety is the Poodle parent? Toy or Mini? Toys are under 10" tall and typically weigh 4-6 pounds, and Minis are 10-15" tall and typically weigh 10-15 pounds.

How big was Schnauzer parent? Miniature Schnauzers are supposed to be between 12-14" tall, and typically weigh 11-20 pounds. Some people bred really small miniatures (like half normal size), and call then "toys", although there is actually no such thing as a "Toy Schnauzer".

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Both parents are mini?s. He favors the schnauzer in the face but does not have a stocky body. It?s funny because I have an older schnoodle who has a poodle face and very sturdy schnauzer body. He is 20 pounds and very strong and muscular. My new one has long legs but appears to have a slimmer like body. Just wondering how he will turn out

·
Registered
627 Posts
My prior schnoodle was all schnauzer look only had softer hair, full grown she was 16 pounds. My full bred schnauzer was 23 pounds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts