Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I breed Westies (no comments on that please) and I am creating a website. So far it has a westie FAQ, Westie breed info, info about us, example contracts for stud service, example contracts of sale for both pet quality puppies and show quality puppies, a copy of the breed standard for the West Highland White Terrier, advice on housetraining and command training, dog fun stuff like quotes and a few dog jokes, advice on flea control, and advice on food/nutrition. Did I forget anything important?

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
One thing I look for on a breeders site is a page about them and their history/accomplishments with dogs (and/or other animals) and the breed in particular. I also want to see some evidence of performance and/or showing over the years and their current kennel of dogs. All the other stuff is fluff...

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Do you have pages for each of your dogs that contain specific info, like what kinds of titles they have, and what kinds of health tests you've done on them, plus how well they scored? Maybe have their pedigrees on their pages, too. I'd want to know all of this kind of stuff about the parents of a pup before I would buy it. Does the page about you include any info about what dog clubs you belong to, and your involvement in the breed?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I state in several places that all dogs are AKC registered and are shown regularly in conformation. I will include pedigrees. These dogs have SUPER pedigrees, with American, English, and Canadian Champions all in their pedigree. I also include health screening/testing information.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts